Joey won't link

Dude you da man

Yeah, ready?

Unplug the joey from power.
Unplug cable from joey.
Plug joey into power.
When it boots, put in standby (hit power button).
Unplug from power.
Connect coax cable.
Plug into power.
Wait for it to boot back up, it should boot back into standby mode.
Unplug from power.
Plug into power.

Nice, right? But after the last step it may still be in standby, power button turns it on, then it should automatically start a software download and reboot again, and be active.

2 Techs dish techs helping them over phone 8 hrs could not get joeys to link. Followed your instructions & 15 min later joey is linked & working thanks a million

I tried this....a couple of times and STILL get the 1303 looking for a hopper message! I've been trying for ove 1 1/2 hours. I'm giving up for tonight and putting in a DVD. I don't get it ..... It worked ok for a couple of days and now this! I'm frustrated!!!!! :(

Since my Hopper was working but none of my Joeys were (1303 linking errors), my technician replaced the NODE and all Joeys worked fine again. Took him no time at all.

Unplug cable from joey.
Plug joey into power.
Unplug from power.
Connect coax cable.
Plug into power.
Unplug from power.

Plug into power.

I used this sequence to update my Joeys to 259 after the Hoppers got 207. Interestingly enough putting 1 Joey thru the sequence updated both of them. They're both linked to the same Hopper.

Yeah, ready?

Unplug cable from joey.
Plug joey into power.
Unplug from power.
Connect coax cable.
Plug into power.
Unplug from power.
Plug into power.

Nice, right? But after the last step it may still be in standby, power button turns it on, then it should automatically start a software download and reboot again, and be active.

I relocated a Joey yesterday and woke up to a forever looking for link window. I used your procedure and bingo!
As advertised! worked perfectly.

Here's an updated fix from dish to the linking error.

Attention 1303 (Joey: Linking Error)
1. Select the front panel ‘System Information’ button
2. PAIR the remote to the Joey.
2.1. Press [Menu] 2.2. Select [Settings]
2.2.1. Press remote buttons in the following in this order:
2.2.1.1. [PLAY-PLAY-STOP]
2.3. Scroll to the bottom of the page
2.4. Select [Tools]
2.5. Select Cold NVM Boot
2.6. Select Factory Default
3. Unplug the receiver
4. Plug the AC power back into the receiver
4.1. You are now in the proper Mode.
4.2. Complete Install Wizard

Unplug cable from joey.
Plug joey into power.
Unplug from power.
Connect coax cable.
Plug into power.
Unplug from power.

Plug into power.

I used this sequence to update my Joeys to 259 after the Hoppers got 207. Interestingly enough putting 1 Joey thru the sequence updated both of them. They're both linked to the same Hopper.

I just had error 1303 happen to me once again, reporting this didnt work for me. Still have error.

I also tried:

Here's an updated fix from dish to the linking error.

Attention 1303 (Joey: Linking Error)
1. Select the front panel ‘System Information’ button
2. PAIR the remote to the Joey.
2.1. Press [Menu] 2.2. Select [Settings]
2.2.1. Press remote buttons in the following in this order:
2.2.1.1. [PLAY-PLAY-STOP]
2.3. Scroll to the bottom of the page
2.4. Select [Tools]
2.5. Select Cold NVM Boot
2.6. Select Factory Default
3. Unplug the receiver
4. Plug the AC power back into the receiver
4.1. You are now in the proper Mode.
4.2. Complete Install Wizard

Didnt work for me either. Tech left me his number and said i should call him for any technical problems for a year. Called and texted that this keeps happening and he say hes gonna call dish and see what they say. I text him today again and asked for an update and he didn't get back. I don't know what i should do. I'm ready to cancel

Wait until the S260 update is pushed, and if that doesn't fix it then take further action. Is all of your home wiring up to spec? 3Ghz to the Hopper(s) and at minimum 1Ghz to the Joeys?

Wait until the S260 update is pushed, and if that doesn't fix it then take further action. Is all of your home wiring up to spec? 3Ghz to the Hopper(s) and at minimum 1Ghz to the Joeys?

When the installer was here he used the existing rg6 cable that i was using for D*. I told him he could reuse it if it works the same. He said that was fine. I though so too. will the wire itself tell me the spec. I just assume rg6 is all the same.

When the installer was here he used the existing rg6 cable that i was using for D*. I told him he could reuse it if it works the same. He said that was fine. I though so too. will the wire itself tell me the spec. I just assume rg6 is all the same.

It should say RG6 3Ghz. If it doesn't then it needs to be replaced. The D* cable might not pass the whole 3Ghz.

Have the installer change the Node. Google, "Attention 1303 (Joey: Linking Error)". There are several reports of your type problem do to a defective Node, it's worth a shot.

Here also,
http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/282052-1303-errors-joeys-fixed-replacing-node.html

Have the installer change the Node. Google, "Attention 1303 (Joey: Linking Error)". There are several reports of your type problem do to a defective Node, it's worth a shot.

Here also,
http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/282052-1303-errors-joeys-fixed-replacing-node.html

I'll call the installer and see if he get back to me, if not then ill talk to DIRT about getting someone out here. Yeah it doesnt hurt to try. Has anyone else switch the node and stop getting the error 1303?

There can only be 2 devices between any hopper and Joey, excluding the node.

So. If they used tap, there can only be one splitter. If they daisy chained splitters, it can cause signal issues for the MoCA network. Not positive this could cause a recurring 1303 error, but possible.

Is the client port on the node terminated or in use by other Joey's? Some nodes have has stickers mislabeled. Orange inside is client, I believe host is purple.

sperry85 said:
There can only be 2 devices between any hopper and Joey, excluding the node.

So. If they used tap, there can only be one splitter. If they daisy chained splitters, it can cause signal issues for the MoCA network. Not positive this could cause a recurring 1303 error, but possible.

I decided to check and there is no splitter after the tap. From the tap one line goes to the hopper the other to the Joey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts