John Malone and low negotiation prices.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Murdoch hated Charlie and was willing to spend to kill E*.

I said this two months ago and I believe it is absolutely correct. Murdoch is a rich person and could afford to spend whatever it took to beat E*. Now Malone and Charlie are best buds and they probably got together and said "why should we spend money to hurt each other. Let's just play nice." In other words I wouldn't be surprised if they are colluding.

Please Darth Malone, full fill your destiny and sell D* to somebody. Anybody.

I said this two months ago and I believe it is absolutely correct. Murdoch is a rich person and could afford to spend whatever it took to beat E*. Now Malone and Charlie are best buds and they probably got together and said "why should we spend money to hurt each other. Let's just play nice." In other words I wouldn't be surprised if they are colluding.

could these two being friends give life to the idea of a merger?

It could... But the FCC has been against it before, and is against it now.

All it will do is make satellite tv non competitive until cable and fios become more widespread, and satellite will become the new dsl/landline.

Say what you will about the bad quality of cable tv, the simple fact that the cable market is highly competitive will speak alot higher then what Malone and Charlie are currently doing.

He will, to the Death Star... I mean AT&T (anyone remember their old logo)

167.gif

Don't believe it's the Death Star? Then look at this... ;)

remember-cingular-1.jpg

I'm not sure if that will be better or worse. At&t would definately spend alot more, but then they'll use cheaper parts, resulting in alot more outages...

I'm still trying to figure out what At&t would do with satellite and IPTV.

I suppose if they used the IPTV to transmit PPV and sports and some channels, which would free over 50 channels for national HD, I dunno if many would mind the sudden increase in outages, at least for a little while...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)