Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Friendly reminder that the GTX 1070 releases tomorrow. Since I am going to have to give up my 2nd 970 soon and don't want to end up with no GPU for a few weeks I'll probably check out Amazon before I come in to work tomorrow and see if I can snag a EVGA SC 1070 before they sell out. My guess is that they will be long gone before I'm awake.

If the GTX 1080 is any indication they are going to be tough to find for a while. The 1080 came out May 27th and Amazon still only has the Asus brand $700 Founders Edition in stock. Newegg is completely out of stock of GTX 1080s of any type.

The thing that miffs me about this is that Newegg somehow has basically every brand in stock if you are willing to buy one of their $800-$1400 bundles that includes a motherboard, power supply, or some other component you may or may not want. Really Newegg? The $1400 2 pack of EVGA GTX 1080s for SLI is in stock but it's not in stock if you just wanted to buy one of them for $700? At least make it some kind of discount if you are going to force a bundle.

Reactions: KE4EST
According to the EVGA community manager's Twitter account the SC model 1070 will only be available for purchase directly from EVGA's website today. I wouldn't have a problem with this except for the fact that purchases went live at 9:00ET this morning and 45 minutes later I still couldn't get past adding it to my cart without getting a server error message. I just tried again and now every version of the 1070 besides the Founders Edition is sold out. Looks like I'll be waiting a little while to get my new card.

Oh well, now I guess I have time to read reviews comparing all the custom cards before making my final purchase. Who knows, I could even find my impatient self grabbing a EVGA SC GTX 1080 if Amazon gets them in stock before the 1070 models.

Aww yeah! Now we are cooking!

!
b02a01e7f3f94350350e5d8bf9bb4276.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I'm back on-line so I lost almost a day due to the storms.
Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 9.13.06 AM.png
Yep, big, giant dip. Back to all cylinders firing, looking for GPU deals. I saw a Gigabyte 980Ti card for $499 the other day on Amazon, so even with the GeForce GTX 1080 cards over $650 (if you can find them) the downward price pressure is being felt.

Edit: Yep, even the EVGA cards available with Prime. The one card with included external radiators(over 1.1 GHz clock) is $549 now. The FTW card with the 1.19 GHz clock is down to $515 w/Prime.

Edit 2: Looking over on the Folding Forum, it seems the early reports from 980Ti vs. 1070 vs. 1080 seem to rate the 980 Ti at approximately 500K PPD, the 1070 at ~650K PPD, and the 1080 somewhere over 900K PPD. That indicates the GTX 1070 card now has the best PPD/$ at current pricing.

Last edited:
View attachment 117782
Yep, big, giant dip. Back to all cylinders firing, looking for GPU deals. I saw a Gigabyte 980Ti card for $499 the other day on Amazon, so even with the GeForce GTX 1080 cards over $650 (if you can find them) the downward price pressure is being felt.

Edit: Yep, even the EVGA cards available with Prime. The one card with included external radiators(over 1.1 GHz clock) is $549 now. The FTW card with the 1.19 GHz clock is down to $515 w/Prime.

Edit 2: Looking over on the Folding Forum, it seems the early reports from 980Ti vs. 1070 vs. 1080 seem to rate the 980 Ti at approximately 500K PPD, the 1070 at ~650K PPD, and the 1080 somewhere over 900K PPD. That indicates the GTX 1070 card now has the best PPD/$ at current pricing.

Yeah, before I got to this part I was going to tell you not to fall for the discounted pricing on the 980 Ti. It's still quite a bit more expensive than a 1070 and the 1070 is the faster card.

I back ordered a model I like over two weeks ago from Amazon and I still have no update on when it will ship. For the first time since release I saw a non-founders edition model that was actually in stock without backorder today at Newegg. I'm starting to get tempted to cancel my Amazon order and buy this one instead just because I can get it now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125875

I would prefer to stick with Amazon since I have credits there right now. I also like the model I already ordered more than the one Newegg has in stock. Still I'm not sure how much longer I will continue to pass up other retailers if Amazon can't get my order fulfilled soon. Both of my 970s have been sold and I'm starting to get pretty antsy without a GPU.

I would prefer to stick with Amazon since I have credits there right now.
Besides, use the Amazon Link and Scott can keep the fans humming for another ten minutes (or whatever he gets back from Amazon for a $375 graphics card)!

Reactions: king3pj
Just got confirmation from Amazon that my Gigabyte G1 1070 will be delivered on Friday. I wanted another EVGA card but they seem to be holding the vast majority of their stock for their own website right now. Even there it's very tough to get one, especially because their servers crumble every time they get them in stock.

Reactions: Foxbat

Disappearance - 103 W AMC1/Spaceway 1/DirecTV 10/DirecTV 12

Software Update Coming