Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Weird, I went to look at my stats on the Extreme Overclock site, and this is what I got:
Capture20170703.png

Edit: and now it's back to normal. I must have caught it at the wrong time in the Processing cycle.

It looks like the GTX980 in the T7400 bit the dust.:( I've been trying for a week to get the T7400 back online thinking it was software (Win10) related. Time to shop for a replacement. I have a 750ti in there right now just to get some points.

Yeah, I got sticker shock when I looked at the GTX1080. :eeek

An Explanation For The Current Increase In GPU Prices - Must Read! - Graphics Cards

This may have something to do with the sticker shock you are seeing. It seems that it is one of the worst possible times to be in the market for a new GPU. There is a new digital currency and people are snapping up all the mid-range GPUs so they can mine for it.

The 1060 used to bottom out at around $180. From doing a quick search on Amazon every model except for two of them are sold out. The two that are available are $270 and $299. The 1070 had models available for $330 a few months ago. Now the cheapest I see on either Amazon or Newegg is going for $460 and the rest are $500+.

I have been pondering getting another card, then prices shot up. Maybe I should stop folding a few days and mine some of this money. :D

Reactions: Foxbat
Sorry to hear. The 1060's a solid performer and should put out somewhere between 300-350,000 point per day.

I put a 3 GB GTX1060 in my Mac Pro to replace my 750Ti card. It's a great card for the money and shares the 2006 Mac Pro's power supply nicely with my GTX 970. The 1060 is only a few thousand PPD behind the 970 but uses way less power (and takes up less space!)

Looking at your stats, you're already back over 900K Points today, a level you haven't hit since you lost your 980... :clapping

Reactions: Voyager6 and KE4EST
Hmmm, Stanford Stats are down since around midnight last night. I've posted over on the Folding Forum so hopefully someone kicks the appropriate server in the LIBs...

Reactions: DWS44