Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

With that last driver change to 373.06, I believe the 1080 has finally settled in! :D

upload_2017-5-18_10-47-15.png

With that last driver change to 373.06, I believe the 1080 has finally settled in! :D

upload_2017-5-18_10-47-15-png.126421
I'm glad to see more Points for the Team! One the other hand, it seems all the new Projects are not making my GPUs as proficient as they once were. I've seen my Daily Estimates drop by 200K-300K Points over the past few months. Maybe it's time for another arms race?

I checked in this morning and saw my GTX 10x0 cards were all stalled waiting for work. It looks like someone has kicked a few servers because I'm back to Folding on all GPUs again.

And, oh yeah...
FOUR BILLION POINTS, TEAM!!!!
:clapclap:crowdbounce:grinbounce:crowdbounce:clapclap

Way to Fold!!!

I saw this last night with mine. One quit and was not getting any new work units. The other machine was still working on one. When it finished it could not get a new one.
Just in case I reset my modem, router, and switch. Still no go. Reset one machine, still no go. Looked on the folding forums, saw where this has happened before, but nobody saying anything now.
So thought well I will leave it and check again tomorrow. I woke up to one machine folding, about an hour later noticed the other had picked up a unit.
All seems to be back to normal now.

One of my machines seems to have a glitch going as well. The CPU has not been assigned a work unit, and the GPU which is usually around 85K PPD, currently shows 15 HOURS remaining on a 2K point WU?!? :confused:

EDIT...Whatever that was, a patch and reboot of the machine seems to have it back to running normal again.

Last edited:
Well it looks like it is back to not getting any work. Reset everything and still no work.
Don't know which end it is on. :(

Must be something on my end or ISP, looks like others are folding ok.

Well they both have started running again. So maybe I'll get a few more points in today, but this is gonna hurt. :(

Well, y'all aren't alone. When I got up this morning, only one of my two machines GPUs had anything assigned, and when I checked the logs on it for overnight activity, it had gone for over two hours from the time the previous WU completed before the server assigned it another one. On my primary box, it had completed a WU shortly before I got up, so I just let it go while I did some other computer work. It eventually was assigned another WU about 1.5 hours later w/o restarting the machine.

Here's what may be good news. https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29633

I quote in part: This release contains a workaround for a change made in the NVIDIA OpenCL driver introduced in drivers starting with 375.57, as well as some improvements to error handling codes. While a slight reduction in performance may be observed for those with NVIDIA cards, this performance regression should be eliminated when NVIDIA removes the hotfix in forthcoming driver updates.

And: UPDATE: NVIDIA win driver 378.66 should be the first version where the NVIDIA FAH hotfix has been removed.

I see 378.33 as the latest available driver, but it sounds as if when .66 comes out we shouldn't have to worry about holding back on driver updates.

Reactions: KE4EST