Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Looking at your stats, you're already back over 900K Points today, a level you haven't hit since you lost your 980... :clapping
I am back over 1 Million PPD again, yah! :biggrin Time to bend that line upwards again.
production_day.php

Reactions: Foxbat and KE4EST
I just stumbled across the EVGA B-Stock store. They have refurbished items that they sell for below MSRP, and since a graphics card is buried inside your Folding rig, what matter that it has scratches and/or dents? The only downside is the current Pascal generation of GPUs is Out of Stock, Auto-Notify. But a GTX 1080 FTW card is $449.

Products - B-Stock

I thought I had posted about that before.
I have gotten a few things from the B-stock store and no issues.

Reactions: Foxbat
My guess is a majority of the returns on those cards are buyers remorse....or Mommy or Wifey found out and made them return it.
You paid $700 for what? You can play you game just fine with the computer the way it came. :D

Reactions: Foxbat
I received the $30 check from the NVIDIA GTX Graphics Chip Class Action suit. Did anyone here else opt in for this?

Ahh I think I know what the issue is, we put in a new firewall and it blocks everything going out... however since I am one of the admins I can open ports on it for my desktop.

Now I need to find what ports it needs opened.

Ahh I think I know what the issue is, we put in a new firewall and it blocks everything going out... however since I am one of the admins I can open ports on it for my desktop.

Now I need to find what ports it needs opened.
All it should require is Ports 80 and 8080.

Reactions: KE4EST
Scott, did your Folding rig crap out again?
Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 07.21.35.png

The whole Team seems to be in the Summer Doldrums. As a result, we've got some competition gaining on us:
Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 07.25.41.png

Sure, 10 months is a long way off, and we should move into the Folding Top 50 before dropping out a month later unless we can get SatGuys Team Members Folding again. We're down to 15 active Folders (Scorpion.sting , harshness, Psikic, and Samy60 were last seen back in June). Is it high summer temperatures? Renewed interest in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies? Hopefully, we can get back to at least 20 Active Folders running on all cylinders!

Nope, my company put in a new firewall which uses "snort"

Snort is blocking outgoing packets and they are being blocked for "(http_inspect) BARE BYTE UNICODE ENCODING"

I have been working with the Bosses Son who put this new firewall in to unblock it and so far we have been unsuccessful and its pissing me off to no end.

Still working on it.

We had to put this system in place as we got a DCMA violation notice as someone in the office (we have 50 employees) was downloading movies using Bit Torrent.

We had to put this system in place as we got a DCMA violation notice as someone in the office (we have 50 employees) was downloading movies using Bit Torrent.
Corporate uses a product called Snow (Snow Inventory) to run software inventories on all our machines in the Domain. Something like that would be able to ferret out the Torrenter...

Regarding your work queue, it looks like some Work servers only respond to port 8080 which is still being blocked. I thought they would alternate between ports 80 and 8080. Obviously, port 80 is open or you'd have an office revolution on your hands.