Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP 2, AMD xp 2400+, 786 MB of memory, GeForce Fx 5200, and Comcast cable internet.

I know it's not up to speed as other computers, but it does a good job, plus I build it myself.:D

Hope this is what you wanted to know.

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP 2, AMD xp 2400+, 786 MB of memory, GeForce Fx 5200, and Comcast cable internet.

I know it's not up to speed as other computers, but it does a good job, plus I build it myself.:D

Hope this is what you wanted to know.

Nothing wrong with your system at all, I just like to ask people what they are folding with, just a curiosity thing. Welcome to the team

My two main machines have been assigned WUs of 20,000. How many pts. is that? I don't remember seeing one so high. Mostly 5,000, 4,000 and 500.

I got two of those the other day also. Originally I didn't notice and was wondering why it was taking longer to complete each % I got one about a month ago, but I can't remember the pts and have not seen once since until today

WOOHOO, broke 100,000
Welcome to the 100K Club, SatinKzo!
BOOHOO, got into work today and I lost a bunch of work, seems 6 of my systems had problems with their WU and blew away the work and started over. *sigh*
Wow, six? That sucks. I stopped counting how many times I've lost WUs on the SMP beta. There was one project (P3043) that seemed to croak on half of the WUs I was assigned. I've been working on P3051 & P3052 lately, and I got a little juicier P2609 today.

Hey im having issues with the vista version crashing. It doesnt matter if its the graphical version or not it still crashes on startup. To get folding to work I have to reinstall the program every time I want to run it. Fortunatly the work does get saved so its not as bad.

Goliebob,

Your client crashed on PC startup with client set to autostart or you start the client manually and it crashes after it starts?

Both.. I get an error message saying that folding at home V5.03 has stopped working and thats it.. and then it crashes.. It also isnt showing any completed wu's in the completed section. When I know I have completed like 6 of them over time.. It also seems to be slow and sluggish taking up to 1min and 30 sec per frame. on a good day that will be cut down to about 30 seconds a frame. This is on a 64 bit processor runing a athlon 4000 with 2 gigs of ram and vista 64 ultimate

Goaliebob, I assume you are using the "Run As Administrator" option when you install it?

What happens if you install the console version as a service and in the recovery options of the service, have it restart the service on failure?

gbjbany, have you checked on the Folding Forum? I did a quick search for the error code on the Windows Client sub-forums, but nothing came up.

Yep there's a thread about it, but it's not terribly helpful. So i wondered if others were suffering or just me, the WU were getting to 76% before bombing and what that thread says it will try the same wu 3 times before doing something else and you get no credit !
I have a 2651 wu now and it's at 56% well see what happens

I looked back at my log files and 2652 is one of the ones (on two different machines) of the 6 WU's that bombed on me over last weekend.
Luckily when it cleared everything out and got a new WU, I got different ones.

That might explain the error i had earlier this week... came home and my system had recovered from an error and I started my WU again... I will have to check the type when i get home.

Disappearance - 103 W AMC1/Spaceway 1/DirecTV 10/DirecTV 12

Software Update Coming