Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

:up:up:up Way to go, Team!!! SatelliteGuys.US has now Folded over 11,000,000 points!!! :)

It seems the Team's production slump has recovered a bit as we seem to be averaging over 50 KPpd once again. With the renewed Folding efforts, it looks like we're going to be one of the Top 150 Teams in 2-3 weeks!

Well until next month and sp1 for vista comes out. I have had a lot of patches the last week as MS pushes out the vista SP prep. Keeps killing my quad core folding.

Finally got my GPU client running again. Thought I took care of it a while back, but I was wrong.

Nice job scorpion on the 1 mil mark. I haven't followed the team stats closely lately, but I notice tonight we have 17 members doing 1000 PPD or more and the next 3 in the top 20 are right up there too! Nice job guys.

Now I just need to find a couple more machines at work since I lost a couple to non-folding duty a while back.

I converted My Dual Core to a Quad Core Last night and will be adding my dual core back as a new Folder this weekend. Hopefully I can move up back into the to 15.

P.S. I see that Satelliteguys is Currently Ranked at 151

I let my production slide for awhile and slipped from #18 to #23. I'm back to cranking on the wu's but I'm not going to catch back up anytime soon. You guys are cranking out the high point wu's with your quad core beasts and GPU wu's! I'll just try to hold onto 23 for awhile and inch back up when I can!

I Just upgraded the wife's computer and was playing with Gadgets in Vista.

Has anyone downloaded the Folding At home Gadget and got it to work?
I cant get mine to work.

should it take 3-4 days to do each one ?

I got a couple that were 15 frames each and completed those pretty quickly .. then i got one with 1500 frames which took my computer around 4 days to complete ...

my system is ... AMD phenom 9500 Quad core processor 2.2Ghz with 3 Gb ram and is running windows vista .... my fan never kicks in so its not working too hard as far as i can tell .. but reading a few posts here - I should be getting through them a little faster than this shouldn't I ?

What client did you download and what is the work unit project no.

My Quad core (intel q6600 oc'd to 3ghz) is doing 2653 (smp client) in about 15 hours, so yes it sounds slow, however i did get some SIMT gromac wu's (i occaisionally run windows command line client ( 4 of them at once) that took about a day and a half.

Thought I would try the smp client and run it on my quad core but all I get is an error code from the command prompt that it cant run and to check set up configuration.

Thought I would try the smp client and run it on my quad core but all I get is an error code from the command prompt that it cant run and to check set up configuration.

Van,

Llast i installed, a while ago, this was because the id you supply does not run as an admin and that it doenst have a password. The Folding forum has all sorts of threads on there that may help with your install, it (the client install) is pretty picky.
Folding Forum • View forum - Windows Beta SMP client v5.91

should it take 3-4 days to do each one ?

I got a couple that were 15 frames each and completed those pretty quickly .. then i got one with 1500 frames which took my computer around 4 days to complete ...

my system is ... AMD phenom 9500 Quad core processor 2.2Ghz with 3 Gb ram and is running windows vista .... my fan never kicks in so its not working too hard as far as i can tell .. but reading a few posts here - I should be getting through them a little faster than this shouldn't I ?
I run the FAH clients on several different platforms and they all take 2 days or more to complete a work unit and they are never worth more than a few hundred points. I have no idea how folks are cranking through these WU's so quickly or how they rack up 5 or 6 thousand points a day. I know that completing the wu's is the most important thing but I would like to see better points for my efforts! I see one member running ONE processor and getting 2 or 3 thousand points a day. HOW???

Van,

Llast i installed, a while ago, this was because the id you supply does not run as an admin and that it doenst have a password. The Folding forum has all sorts of threads on there that may help with your install, it (the client install) is pretty picky.
Folding Forum • View forum - Windows Beta SMP client v5.91

I didnt even get to a password prompt or id prompt, it took me a minute to find the program and had to go into the program files to actually find it. I tried running it from the "fah" and it opened a command prompt and thats what I got.

What client did you download and what is the work unit project no.

My Quad core (intel q6600 oc'd to 3ghz) is doing 2653 (smp client) in about 15 hours, so yes it sounds slow, however i did get some SIMT gromac wu's (i occaisionally run windows command line client ( 4 of them at once) that took about a day and a half.

most of this went right over my head ...

but - to answer your question - i just downloaded whatever was the default recommended ...

"Windows 2000/XP/Vista Graphical client 5.03"

Should i try something else ?

edit - will go check which work unit i'm running.

Current Work Unit
-----------------
Name: p3644_Seq15_Amber03_Extended
Download time: March 3 20:22:47
Due time: June 7 20:22:47
Progress: 30% [|||_______]

I run the FAH clients on several different platforms and they all take 2 days or more to complete a work unit and they are never worth more than a few hundred points. I have no idea how folks are cranking through these WU's so quickly or how they rack up 5 or 6 thousand points a day. I know that completing the wu's is the most important thing but I would like to see better points for my efforts! I see one member running ONE processor and getting 2 or 3 thousand points a day. HOW???

I have a Q6600 Quad core processor. Not overclocked and I finish a 2653 work unit in 20 hours using the SMP client. The only way to get the "big" points is to have a processor that will handle the SMP client. If you have a Core 2 Duo processor you can also run the SMP client( I also have a E6600 C2D ) and you will finish the jobs quicker and with more points than running the regular FAH client. But the SMP client was made for quad core processors.