Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

most of this went right over my head ...

but - to answer your question - i just downloaded whatever was the default recommended ...

"Windows 2000/XP/Vista Graphical client 5.03"

Should i try something else ?

edit - will go check which work unit i'm running.

Current Work Unit
-----------------
Name: p3644_Seq15_Amber03_Extended
Download time: March 3 20:22:47
Due time: June 7 20:22:47
Progress: 30% [|||_______]

Sorry about that :eek:

I think you got the answer later though. yes install the SMP client on a quad core.

I didnt even get to a password prompt or id prompt, it took me a minute to find the program and had to go into the program files to actually find it. I tried running it from the "fah" and it opened a command prompt and thats what I got.

Detailed instructions for the install are here
Folding@home - FAQ-SMP

This link also has some troubleshooting

One thing i would suggest is open a Command Pormpt window first, that way when you get an error it doesnt just disappear.

Installed and running now .. looks like I got something that is 500,000 steps (not sure how that relates to 1500 frames .. how many steps in a frame ?) and it looks as though this will probably take me just over 24 hours to complete this time.

Much better SMP client got me around 1700 points in the 26-27 hours that it took to complete the 500,000 steps ... looks like they have given me a 10,000,000 step project next ... but it seems to be taking pretty much the same amount of time as the 500,000 steps .. weird ...

I guess the steps are much smaller this time.

:)

He could use the help, but if y'all don't wanna, that's fine....

That's fine, nobody's saying don't help. But he's the one who totalled up what he needed and said $1500 to $2000 ought to do it. He was honest and knows what he needs to get the job done.

When he needs another server, I'll be glad to help out as I'm sure others will too.

Who knows? Maybe Scott will be ready for Server pt. Trois and can donate the old Opteron server...

Hey, I just noticed that we passed the 12,000,000 point Milestone, AND we're in 149th place! :up

Maybe we need a lottery for how many WUs and Points SatelliteGuys.US will have at midnight EST on 3/30/2008, the one year anniversary of the SatelliteGuys.US Team. Well, actually, Scott needs to come clean on when he created Team #55236.

I say we will have 26,128 WUs and 13,545,314 Points (subject to change based on Scott's response)

Looks like the team has started a gradual decline in daily points as a whole and the number of active members is dropping off too. It would be nice to see at least 100 members dedicated to full time folding, however, I realize it's not always possible to keep machines folding 24x7. I'm able to turn out about 8 wu's a day now but not making much in points for the effort. At least work is getting done!

13 Million Points, my friends! One year after we started Folding, Thirteen Mill-Yunn Points! (Evil Dr. Evil Laugh) Bwa-ha! Bwa-HA! Bwa-wha-ha-HA!

Disappearance - 103 W AMC1/Spaceway 1/DirecTV 10/DirecTV 12

Software Update Coming