Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

It looks like the big-atom WUs for the GPU2 client are in short supply. I haven't been getting any of the 548 point WUs, just the 511 and 348 point WUs. That's brought my daily production average below 9K ppd. I see Scorpion.sting must have lost a number of Folders, too, because I'll catch up with him in 3.4 years!

It looks like Voyager6 has cranked up the heat! :up

It looks like the big-atom WUs for the GPU2 client are in short supply. I haven't been getting any of the 548 point WUs, just the 511 and 348 point WUs. That's brought my daily production average below 9K ppd. I see Scorpion.sting must have lost a number of Folders, too, because I'll catch up with him in 3.4 years!

It looks like Voyager6 has cranked up the heat! :up
Yep. I have my quad core with an 8800GT running the Nvidia GPU client along with 2 smp clients. I also have another quad core with an 9800GT running the GPU client. I don't know how long I'll be able to continue to run the 2nd quad core though. Setting this system up for a co-worker who will need it soon. I'll try and convince him to keep the GPU client running.

I have been folding with my PS3s, but I am thinking of adding a 9800GTX card to an Athlon X2 2800+ desktop that largely does nothing but print/file storage these days since we use several laptops throughout the house. Will this work? If so, roughly how many points per day will this generate?

Thanks!

I have been folding with my PS3s, but I am thinking of adding a 9800GTX card to an Athlon X2 2800+ desktop that largely does nothing but print/file storage these days since we use several laptops throughout the house. Will this work? If so, roughly how many points per day will this generate?

Thanks!

you woould easily get 5000 ppd.

Way to go SatGuys Folding Team! We have just jumped 2 positions in the rankings.:up Our trend line is leveling out and is looking better. Keep up the good work.:D

BTW, there's a new GPU client available to download: V6.23, and those of us using the ATI cards should get the latest (V8.12) Catalyst drivers as well. Finally, there is a new version of the FAHCore_11 executable that (for now) requires you to delete the version you have off of the disk to force the download of a new version. (of course, you need to stop Folding in order to delete the Core!)

I see some speed improvements on my HD 3850, but I've been having some Windows issues with my son's Dell with the HD 4850, so it's hard to see any improvement. That's one of the reasons my total daily average is below 8,000. :(

Hey all. I think I may start folding again now. I was just wondering what the best client to run is for my setup. I have a Q6600 Quad Core that I used to run the SMP client on and got pretty good results. But I also have an ATI Radeon 3870 GPU. Which would I be better of running?

Hey all. I think I may start folding again now. I was just wondering what the best client to run is for my setup. I have a Q6600 Quad Core that I used to run the SMP client on and got pretty good results. But I also have an ATI Radeon 3870 GPU. Which would I be better of running?

Im running a smp client and a GPU client on my Q6600.

I dont have your vid card, but im not seeing a noticable drop in smp ppd. so you could run both
Run both concurrently for more ppd.:D Look at Foxbat's post just above yours for the info that you need for the ATI card.

Wow, a great start to 2009. 88,195 points on 1/1/09. It looks like we are getting stung by the scorpion.:D

Wow, a great start to 2009. 88,195 points on 1/1/09. It looks like we are getting stung by the scorpion.:D
I like how November and December came out with almost exactly the same number of points (2,117,114 vs. 2,117,905)! I bet we couldn't do that again if we tried.

Also, it's nice to see the points per day trending back upwards. I know my daily numbers are getting settled down after some fluctuations due to DSL issues and having too much time over the Holidays to play with the Home LAN. I've replaced almost all of the WiFi connections for my GPU clients with the Sling Powerline Ethernet boxes I picked up at our local Circuit City that was being shuttered. I bought a pair of the Homelink Turbo bridges for $45, then went back and got another pair for even less as nobody else knew what these were good for!

My ATI GPU clients have been updated to the latest Catalyst drivers and the new V6.23 GPU client as well as the V1.2 GPU Core executable. If they send out those bigger WUs worth 548 points, my one 2.8 GHz P4 with the HD4850 can zip through them in under 1m50s per frame and well over 2,400 ppd. When I ran the CPU client on this box, I was lucky to finish a 100 point WU in four days! I'd say a 100-fold (no pun intended... Hell, who am I kidding, of course I meant it!) increase in points is worth a little heat and excessive fan noise. :D

Looks like the Team just passed 29 Million Points! I can remember when I used to get all Rah-Rah, but now the team seems to crack out a Million Points every couple of weeks. *yawn* ;)

Glad to see Scott has fired up his Folding operations again. And let's all :welcome 5thfreedom to the Millionaires Club! He finally made it!

Well, I'm getting laid off on the 15th, so my point production will be down after my work PCs get shut down. Oh well. I'll keep them locked. Maybe nobody will notice. :)

91,872 points on 1/07/09 for the SatGuys folding Team.:up The Scorpion is still stinging us with 19K ppd.:eek: Looks like I will hit the 500K point mark sometime today.

Hey guys, a quick question for you all. I am folding again using my home PC, which is a quad-core Q6600 overclocked to around 3.1GHz. Using the smp client, I get each 1% of a 500000 step work unit in about 9 minutes. I am also running the GPU client on that machine and I'm happy with my production.

So at work, I get a new Quad core machine. It's an Intel Xeon E5410 @ 2.33GHz, which should rock. But when I run the smp client there, it takes almost 45 minutes to do a single 1%. Any ideas on what may be setup wrong? When I launch it, I see the 4 FahCore processes running, and the CPU maxes out at 100%. It's really odd. I've tried both the 6.23 Denio and MPICH clients. Both semm the same.

Funkyboss

I generally get, for my smp (also a q6600 at 3.1) 2 wu's
One rocks at about the speed you mentioned the other runs at about 15 minutes per %. So not sure if you are getting some weird wu ?

Do you have any type of background IT installed work task's like virus scanners etc, that might be sucking up cycles ?

there's a comparison chart here A comparison of quad-core server CPUs | George Ou | ZDNet.com which seems to imply the 5410 is a pretty good processor.

Sorry cant be much help, but i think if it's running and on all 4 processors you seem to have it installed correctly.