Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If any folders are looking to upgrade their GPU I am looking to sell a refurbished MSI gaming 4G GeForce gtx 970 I bought on eBay 6 months ago as I am changing it to a new egva gtx 970 like my second card

If any folders are looking to upgrade their GPU I am looking to sell a refurbished MSI gaming 4G GeForce gtx 970
Maybe Scott will be in the market for a new GPU after his "meltdown"...

So, I wanted to compare and contrast our last few months of Arms Race with the relative sedate Folding that had been going on before. I pulled up the Weekly Production History and it tells the story nicely:
Screen Shot 2016-03-26 at 11.22.59 AM.png

What impressed me is our Daily Points Production now exceeds what we were producing back in July and August of 2015 on a Weekly basis. It seems that our Arms Race started in September of last year with minor skirmishes, settled down a little, then escalated in mid-January.

I can't wait to see what Pascal does to our efforts! Oh, and we're now #20 in terms of Daily Average Points Production, finally edging out Team AnandTech!
Screen Shot 2016-03-26 at 11.37.04 AM.png

Reactions: KE4EST and Voyager6
Ok I opened up the care took out the Water Cooler / CPU fan... then whacked it a few times. Heard the motor start up, put it back in and now temps are down to 45 Degrees C.

I will order a new CPU cooler.

I have set the motherboard to alert me if the CPU gets above 70 c
I have also set it to shut down the computer if it gets over 82 c.

I just turned F@H back on and now CPU is at 100% load, and I am watching temperatures. So far in the last 10 minutes it is up to 58 c.
Any updates on your computer?

Any updates on your computer?
It looked like Scott got back to Folding, but evidently something else happened and he has no Points this month:
Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 9.36.09 AM.png

Scott, what's the story on your machine?

Congratulations to the SatelliteGuys.US Folding Team for our best month ever!!! 252,774,988 Points and 17,287 Work Units processed for Science! Woo-Hoo!!

Reactions: samy60
We're up to #72! Ten days to #71, then a bit of a slog to break into #70. It's getting harder and harder from this point on.

It looked like Scott got back to Folding, but evidently something else happened and he has no Points this month:
View attachment 115472
Scott, what's the story on your machine?

Congratulations to the SatelliteGuys.US Folding Team for our best month ever!!! 252,774,988 Points and 17,287 Work Units processed for Science! Woo-Hoo!!
Check your configuration. It is not reporting any points to your account.

Just logged into it this morning and it's running.
Check your configuration. It is not reporting any points to your account.
Ruh-ro, Raggy. Scott, here's your Hourly Production according to EOC:
Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 21.39.10 .png
Likewise, Stanford says your last contribution was 3-31-2016:
Stanford Folding User Stats said:
Donor SatelliteGuys
Team SatelliteGuys.US (55236)
Score 22744746 (certificate)
Donor Rank 5480 of 1822728
WU 6483 (certificate)
Date of last
work unit
2016-03-31 08:10:18
Active clients
(within 50 days)
Active clients
(within 7 days)

I came in today saying that the graphics driver stopped responding and was successfully restarted. Then kept doing that over and over again. I rebooted it and the issue went away.

I too was plagued with the stopped responding problem. It didn't seem to cause problems with my folding but it sure was annoying. I found this trick somewhere on line and you might want to try it.
upload_2016-4-5_19-56-59.png

Right click on the desktop and bring up the Nvidia control panel. Expand 3D settings and select Manage 3D settings. In the Global settings, set Power management mode to Prefer maximum performance. I don't know how or why this makes things better but it sure has worked wonders for me.

Any desktop at all like a back ground just no icons?
Win 7?