Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

I have a question. I have a PS3 (fat version) but said that the service was discontinued. I don't have a computer, but I do have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Am I still eligible to join the project?

When I do get a computer, I will try to get Virtual Machines running so I can start contributing multiple computers on only one computer.
The biggest bang for your Folding contribution would be to purchase one or two NVIDIA GTX 1070 graphics cards and forgo the extra overhead of a hypervisor. If you decide on only CPU clients, Folding@Home will saturate all of your available cores. It's very efficient, but even my 4 GHz Core i7 with HT cores contributing will generate less points in a day than almost any GPU client. Adding Hypervisor or another VM Manager is extra processing that subtracts CPU cycles that could be used to Fold.

Correct, more virtual "computers" on the same machine, is just going to end up with less PPD. :)

Ooo, I see what you mean, we're both showing 33 days to 200,000,000 Points for smasho and 34 days for me, assuming consistent Folding performance.

Also, after months and months of no one in our rear view mirror, now Arch Linux is out-performing us, but we have a little time to ramp it up.

Reactions: EatMyVolts
:D Same here!!
I almost ordered a 1070SC from evga's website. I thought I better wait though. I'll save up a little more, instead of just sticking it on a credit card.
I may start with a 1060 in one machine and get a 1070 later. I always sell my old cards, to soften the blow. ;)

Joined yesterday. Got a work laptop contributing and my home PC (which is idle 99% of the time) contributing. Also downloaded the client on my Android phone. Anyone know if you can make the work from Android contribute to your user/team?

Reactions: KE4EST and Foxbat
Ooo, I see what you mean, we're both showing 33 days to 200,000,000 Points for smasho and 34 days for me, assuming consistent Folding performance.

Also, after months and months of no one in our rear view mirror, now Arch Linux is out-performing us, but we have a little time to ramp it up.
Well may the best man win :fencing . I wish I could bump things up but my PC is crammed full now with two 970's and, having just retired, I'm not ready to spring for 1070's or 80's. (This wife would just not understand getting a second PC)

Reactions: Foxbat
Joined yesterday. Got a work laptop contributing and my home PC (which is idle 99% of the time) contributing. Also downloaded the client on my Android phone. Anyone know if you can make the work from Android contribute to your user/team?

:welcome2 I looked into the android client once, there didn't seem to be any way to make it give anybody any credit.

Welcome and thanks for joining.
Same here I messed with the Android thing once, but didn't give much and I didn't see a way to enter my user info.

The Android Folding client isn't able to support a Team Number and Username/Passcode at this time. I'm not sure what would happen if you used the Chrome browser on your Android device and used the NaCl Client, which does support Team #/Username/Passcode.