Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

I'm going to be off the grid for a while, so I expect my current WUs to be my last for a week or so. The way the SMP client is on OSX it would probably zombie as soon as I left the house. I think after three and a half months of pretty much non-stop Folding, it deserves a vacation. Also, my other PC client will be coming with me, so it won't have much chance to phone in. Also, I'm going to see if I can get the Athlon to Fold under XP instead of Knoppix so I don't fall too far behind...

Wow, you too foxbat? I'm heading out for a 10 day vacation and while my work machines will still be cranking, I'll most likey be shutting down the home units (8 of my "cpus", 2 are dual core so really only 5 pc's and 1 ps3.)

Although my systems don't run SMP and will probably be just fine if I tweak my monitoring script on the GPU client (it's flakey at times).

Hmmm, looks like something happened to my one node I left Folding while the Mac and HP are on break. It should have submitted at least one WU since last Thursday. Foo.

Finally

Well, I finally got folding@Home working. I installed the linux version, runs nice and smooth.. just a command line app. heres a screen shot. here the link for instructions if ya wanna try it..

Running the FAH client on Linux - FaHWiki

Attachments

• desktop1.jpg
    desktop1.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 76
Congrats Scott----Your part of the 100 Thousand Club @party
Yes, Scott; Congratulations!!! Sorry I missed it earlier, but Internet has been iffy on our journeys.

Next?

(Damn, how many people are on vacation, anyway? Our points per day has fallen off a lot more than just mine and SatinKzo's!)

Well, we got back from St. Louis last night and I found out that the storms that moved though our area last Wednesday night took out our power for a few seconds. It was enough to reboot the DSL router and shut down that HP D325, but not enough to cause the microwave to reset.

The D325 is Folding again and I'm running one Mac client for now. It looks like the WUs I'm getting for the Mac are worth fewer points (1167 vs. 1440) than usual. On the other hand, it finishes 1% every 8m58s... When it gets around 50%, I'll launch the second Mac SMP client.

Same problem here. Power failure over my vacation stopped my PS3.

My C2Q overheated (I think, it was 91 in the house). But it shut down nicely, and now that it is cooler it's back folding! Lost one expired WU, but no biggie.

-John

Same problem here. Power failure over my vacation stopped my PS3.

My C2Q overheated (I think, it was 91 in the house). But it shut down nicely, and now that it is cooler it's back folding! Lost one expired WU, but no biggie.
I thought my D325 might have overheated, too, but when I saw the e-mails at work about the severe thunderstorm warnings (and my son spotted on TWC that South Bend had received over 2" of rain that day) I figured the power must have gone out. I wondered if I should have set up the PC to restart after a power outage; maybe I'll try that next time.

Decided to run up the score a bit, I have been just running a PS3 for a couple weeks to test it out. It does very well, the fan makes a moderate but not too loud noise. I decided to test out the cooling of the quad core, it does very well. Been running folding a few days continuous at 3.3GHZ and the temp it staying in the 50s. The quad core can really do big work units. Well I will have it run a couple more days, then will turn it all off until fall, when the AC does not have to run.