Join us for a special Apple Event

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
Apple Event
Join us from Apple Park.
September 15, 2020, at 10 a.m. PDT.
Add to your calendar
New phones I bet hmm got it in e-mail September 8th this Tuesday coming up

Latest rumors are the Apple Watch and ipads will be the big deal for tomorrow. Since iphones won't be available until next month there will be another event closer to ordering / delivery date. Then Tim Cook could surprise us. Either way, I don't expect huge sales until after the uncertainty of the election is behind us. Then more people will get excited about 5G and iphones.

I did see last Friday, our local Apple store had employees setting up all new devices on the tables so I do also expect the Apple stores to reopen with this event. The store had been deserted, dark and empty until Friday. People will want to touch and see these new products or sales will be pathetic.

Given that all of these events are virtual, they can theoretically fire them off pretty much any time they're ready.
Last year I attended a Facebook virtual event using the Oculus Quest. It was pretty cool until some sexy looking chick avatar sat next to me. I figured it was some guy in a female avatar so I left. VR isn't always that great.

Just tried to order the new Apple Watch 6 SS which is what I usually order and it said 7-8 weeks delivery. The cheapest Aluminum is 2 weeks.

I ordered a 40 mm Space Gray Aluminum with a Sport Loop band. Delivery Sep.25-29. I hope they don't try to deliver on Sat or Sun, I probably won't be home.

Just ordered and delivery is
Delivers: Sep 30 - Oct 7

Graphite Stainless Steel Case with Sport Band

Getting $155 for my Series 4 trade-in.

I looked for other options and tried to order the same watch but with a traditional band rather than that new stretch silicone and that must be the backorder. Arrival in 4 days.

My wife gets my hand-me-down. She is now using my AW3 SS. She had an AW4 AL but no cellular and she wanted upgraded to cellular. I've been doing watch every other year and iphone every year due to a special upgrade package.

Mackie99- I would trade in too but we're on a hand-me-down program here. My grandson is still using my original Apple watch. :)

Reactions: Foxbat
I looked for other options and tried to order the same watch but with a traditional band rather than that new stretch silicone and that must be the backorder. Arrival in 4 days.

My wife gets my hand-me-down. She is now using my AW3 SS. She had an AW4 AL but no cellular and she wanted upgraded to cellular. I've been doing watch every other year and iphone every year due to a special upgrade package.

Mackie99- I would trade in too but we're on a hand-me-down program here. My grandson is still using my original Apple watch. :)
I do the same....every 2 for the watch and every year for the phone. This year only if the phone has 5G.

I do the same....every 2 for the watch and every year for the phone. This year only if the phone has 5G.
Did you get in on that deal Apple had a few years ago?- New every two"
You can upgrade for the same monthly payment if you keep the iphone for 12 months+ So I have to wait until November to order a new iphone. But, I may wait until the iphone 12s is released. Fact is, I'm doing fine with my 11 Pro Max and we don't have Verizon 5G yet. I don't know if there is any other compelling reason for upgrading to the 12 this Fall.

According to the leaks just this past weekend, the 12 will have 5G but not millimeter wave. That is being reserved for the 12S next year. Also, scrapped is 120Hz for this year. Of course all this is rumor and leaks so lets just wait and see what is true.

Did you get in on that deal Apple had a few years ago?- New every two"
You can upgrade for the same monthly payment if you keep the iphone for 12 months+ So I have to wait until November to order a new iphone. But, I may wait until the iphone 12s is released. Fact is, I'm doing fine with my 11 Pro Max and we don't have Verizon 5G yet. I don't know if there is any other compelling reason for upgrading to the 12 this Fall.

According to the leaks just this past weekend, the 12 will have 5G but not millimeter wave. That is being reserved for the 12S next year. Also, scrapped is 120Hz for this year. Of course all this is rumor and leaks so lets just wait and see what is true.
No, but I did get $600 for my iPhone Xs, so it was basically getting the iPhone Pro 11 Max at half price. I hope they do the same this year. That with the money I made from their Mastercard, I might be able to get the new phone for $100 or so. I have $485 in Apple Cash (thank you Apple) that I'll put toward either the watch or new iPhone.

Reactions: TheForce
I wanted to watch this after lunch, but Microsoft had other plans, namely toast one of our users’ Windows 10 box when they accepted the IT push of the 1909 Feature Update. After the update, all they can do is Troubleshoot or Shutdown. Unfortunately, selecting Troubleshoot shows six options and none of them did anything except say “nope, that’s not it.”

I was hoping to watch it tonight, but I haven’t been able to yet. I did see the woven one-piece bands which look intriguing.

I ordered a 40 mm Space Gray Aluminum with a Sport Loop band. Delivery Sep.25-29. I hope they don't try to deliver on Sat or Sun, I probably won't be home.

UPS now shows delivery tomorrow the 21st. Left China on the 17th and arrived in Denver today.

My watch arrived at 3PM and the setup and Verizon switch of the phone number went like greased lightning. Very fast setup. I am very impressed. The only thing I had to do was manually re-add my credit cards for them to be recognized on the watch. I also had to re-enter my login for a few financial apps. and Nissan Leaf app. Some face displays did not get all the complications so I had to redo them manually.

The Blood oximeter works great. I wore my mask and got a reading of 94% on both my finger meter and the watch. Then after 5 minutes with the mask off I got 100% on both the finger meter and the watch. I'm happy!

The only trouble app I have now is with a 3rd party Tesla app that won't let me log in but this was a problem before the new watch with iOS 14. Lots of users are reporting the same trouble.

I don't like the defaut always on face so I shut that feature off in the settings.

Some of the apps fail to show up in some complications locations but work in others- a bug? That too is an iOS14 bug I believe because the stock list went dark on my older watyh with iOS14..

I created a Fox Memoji watch face for Mrs. Foxbat, it’s her favorite now! :cool:

So the Tesla watch app problem is now resolved. :)

I also tested the ECG and the new watch can do this much better than my AW4. Before the reading was always full of noise and the main peak hardly registered. Now the recording is noise free and the signal amplitude is much stronger.

I would say from a health monitor perspective I am so glad I spent the money to upgrade to the AW6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)