Joss Whedon's 'Dollhouse'

Fridays epi was horrible too. What happened to the good protection/spy gigs, the last two have been crap.

Dollhouse is on the 3 strikes rule like Heroes, which gives them next week to do better.

The only thing saving Dollhouse is that it is probably very cheap to produce. The set is built for the Dollhouse and the rest of the sets for the show really are cheap to produce. Heck, they could run over to any soap opera set and shoot for the day. The stars are really no names, so they were probably cheap too. It will be interesting to see how long the show goes on, I hope it picks up steam with better episodes later,. For now it could just be cheap enough to stay on Fox's schedule since Friday night is really a wasteland anyways, and Fox probably would not want to launch a new show to Friday night.

The word on the street is that Fox could make more money showing House rebroadcasts on Friday night than showing Dollhouse, even despite the potential DVD revenues.

It always made me wonder how the Dollhouse organization could find enough customers to keep the many Dollhouses around the world in business when nobody knows they exist. I'm keeping the timer for now, but we'll see how the next few episodes go.

Damnit. Finally, what looked like a good episode. And then 40 minutes into it, the shark appears and yells "Jump me, jump me now....or I'll rip your throat out"

I am so mad. That timer is now history.

Are you referring to the mind swap between Echo and Victor? It was "necessary" because Victor's GPS had been removed and Echo's GPS was necessary to find the hostages.

I think Topher is over-due for a trip to the Attic...

I'm afraid adding Summer Glau to the cast will be too late.

I was pretty surprised by that. She's probably a good fit as practically was a doll as a terminator, but wonder if they are trying to suck in the SCC crowd that was disappointed it was cancelled instead of Dollhouse. I thought Friday's episode showed potential, but the brain wave thing was awful and so was the full system down including the lights :rolleyes:. I'd fire the integrators if the system that monitors / program the brains also controls the lighting system... ;)

It would maybe help the show a bit if they did focus more on some of the other dolls as I did like that about this weeks. Next week is Sierra's "episode" I think it mentioned in the preview.

-Mike

Last night's show was the first really good one of the season. Too bad.

:up:up
It supported my notion that the less Echo, the better.

UPDATE: Nevertheless, lowest rating yet, .8.

Last edited:
Last night's show was the first really good one of the season. Too bad.
Totally agree! I was waiting for the writers to screw up, but they managed to pull it off. Let's hope next week's episode continues in the same vein.

Totally agree! I was waiting for the writers to screw up, but they managed to pull it off. Let's hope next week's episode continues in the same vein.

Unfortunately, there is no next week. It is on a month long hiatus, before they show the last of the 13 episodes they committed to.

Unless it really takes off, that is it.

On a side note. This week's Castle had a Halloween theme and Nathan came out in his Serenity outfit. Even twirling his gun. Too cool. Later in the episode he talked about the battle between vampires and Lycans. Hee Hee!

Unfortunately, there is no next week. It is on a month long hiatus, before they show the last of the 13 episodes they committed to.

Unless it really takes off, that is it.
Oops, you're right. I forgot about the MLB "World" Series... I was thinking about the teaser after Friday's episode.
ripnbigc said:
On a side note. This week's Castle had a Halloween theme and Nathan came out in his Serenity outfit. Even twirling his gun. Too cool.
Were there any "What are you supposed to be?" comments? Capt. Hammer would have been good, too.