Joss Whedon's 'Dollhouse'

The series definitely got better with each episode. Probably because they were able to start weaving in long story arcs. Friday night is such a bad night though.

Maybe "Doll house" will catch on with another season. "Buffy" didn't do that great the first season and maybe it just takes time to gain an audience. Sci Fi isn't for everyone and I've said it before, Networks like to kill sci fi/fantasy series very quickly. Look at CBS's record with shows like "Moonlight". That show was interesting and would of benefited from the movie "Twilight" one year later. Instead the network cancels it. I also read that they will be shopping the "Ghost Whisper" to other networks , since CBS has lost interest in carrying it. They have no patience to grow a show and they usually have to catch on and that takes time. I think "Dollhouse" is starting to finally make some sense since they have added some backdrop to the show, by fleshing out the past storyline we never saw . It reminds me of Charlie's Angels with a sci-fi twist. Great looking women like Eliza, in great costumes and roles each week , kicking ass and looking hot doing it.

It reminds me of Charlie's Angels with a sci-fi twist. Great looking women like Eliza, in great costumes and roles each week , kicking ass and looking hot doing it.

Gee, I really hope not. That would make it just another show, one that pandered to the ratings. I'd rather see limited series from Joss.

Another factor was the show's unaired 13th episode, which Whedon shot on a shoestring budget for the "Dollhouse" first season DVD set. Whedon presented it to the network as an example of how "Dollhouse" can achieve a high-quality production with a lesser budget.

Joss is well known for his ability for getting a big-budget feel from a shoestring budget in shows like Buffy, Angel, and Firefly. Just look at what he was able to do for the movie "Serenity" on a $39 million production budget. If Fox didn't renew, Dollhouse would have been a perfect candidate for a smaller-budget cable network, perhaps even FX.

Fox pushes back 'Dollhouse' premiere

Fox has pushed the second season of "Dollhouse" to roll out during the traditional fall premiere week. The network previously announced the return of Joss Whedon's drama for Sept. 18. Now Fox will air a "Glee" encore in the spot, and bring back "Dollhouse" on Sept. 25 at 9 p.m.
Source & More: thrfeed.com

'Dollhouse' picks up pieces of canceled shows

Battlestar Galactica,' 'Terminator' actors join cast

James Hibberd
This fall, "Dollhouse" is going to be a geek-TV haven.

Creator Joss Whedon has tapped actors from Fox's recently canceled "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" and Syfy's concluded "Battlestar Galactica" to join the show.
Source & More: hollywoodreporter.com

I'm watching Season 1 on DVD right now. It started a little slow, but it seems to be getting better every episode....I hope they can keep it up.

I'm watching Season 1 on DVD right now. It started a little slow, but it seems to be getting better every episode....I hope they can keep it up.
Wait til you get to Ep 11 with Alan Tudyk!!!

I just finished Season 1. Very good show. I hope it sticks around for awhile. I have to say the best Episode was the one that didn't air on FOX....it was set 10 years in the future. I'm not sure why FOX didn't want to air it....it got me really excited for Season 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts