Joss Whedon's 'Dollhouse'

Hey, thanks for the optimism Captain Sunshine.

Nice to know that Fox is looking at something besides just Nielson numbers if this is true. It and Terminator are big with the IPod crowd, so maybe that counts for something....

Source & More: scifiwire.com Joss Whedon, creator of Fox's sci-fi series Dollhouse, told a group of reporters that he's resigned to the show's fate and that a second-season pickup is unlikely, but said he holds out hope for a renewal. Fox has not yet announced its plans, but the show's ratings have been below expectations and it is not expected to be picked up.

Joss could have said this before the series even aired, and he would have been right!

He's a masochist, if he keeps going to FOX to air his series.... Then again, if it was a CARTOON series, they'd probably run it for 20 years.

Hey, thanks for the optimism Captain Sunshine.

Nice to know that Fox is looking at something besides just Nielson numbers if this is true. It and Terminator are big with the IPod crowd, so maybe that counts for something....

Just being a realist. FOX and all network tv , Hates sci-fi plots and does their best to cancel them . Any waver in ratings going downward and the Tv execs immediately scream cut the sci-fi NOW.

If that's the case, why do them put them on in the first place?

They are throwing anything out there on the wall to see what sticks ,so to speak. That is what tv networks do. But if they do put them on the tv , then why else do they always , and I mean always , pull the sci-fi shows down first? Answer: LOW ratings because the majority of folks do not watch or like sci -fi. We that do are definatly in the niche audience or minority. Look at all the promising Sci-fi/fantasy shows that were on CBS ,Fox and other networks and got jerked down every time, after one or two seasons.

Moonlight on CBS- canceled after one season.
Jericho on Cbs- canceled after two seasons and mass fan protest so they could wrap up the ending.
Firefly on Fox- canceled after one season.
Tru Calling on Fox-canceled after one season.

Other shows , too many to list , that I can't remember anymore but had promise. Which is why I said in my first post; Dollhouse won't even be remembered by fall after they cancel it.

Next week looks like all hell breaks loose. Alan (Wash) Tudyk will be in it...the "builder" of the Dollhouse.

I don't buy this week episode. These people who created the dollhouse or sponsoring the dollhouse are not people with very high moral. Why wouldn't they want eternal life? You would think that this IS the selling point for the dollhouse.

I don't buy this week episode. These people who created the dollhouse or sponsoring the dollhouse are not people with very high moral. Why wouldn't they want eternal life? You would think that this IS the selling point for the dollhouse.

Are not all the doll programs this? The usual doll programs are personalities and skills from a group of people. Essentially they have scanned experts from all sorts of fields and have them ready to download.

In fact the whole "moral" issue they supposedly brought up is bogus because the only difference from this and previous downloads is that this one was apparently not programmed with a failsafe to auto return for a treatment.

I know it is just a TV show, but one has to view it as just entertainment, it will not survive even the most cursery logic. How could a doll possibly perform as a human if they have no past experience and memories to draw on? One has to accept that they have found a way to blend multiple memory sets and personalities together and have a control system.

Are not all the doll programs this? The usual doll programs are personalities and skills from a group of people. Essentially they have scanned experts from all sorts of fields and have them ready to download.

In fact the whole "moral" issue they supposedly brought up is bogus because the only difference from this and previous downloads is that this one was apparently not programmed with a failsafe to auto return for a treatment.

I know it is just a TV show, but one has to view it as just entertainment, it will not survive even the most cursery logic. How could a doll possibly perform as a human if they have no past experience and memories to draw on? One has to accept that they have found a way to blend multiple memory sets and personalities together and have a control system.

I think the weird part about this is that comparing to other science fictions (killer robots, time traveling, etc...) this technology doesn't sound to far fetch. What would they do if they really could download the brain? Keep an important old or sick person (scientist, spiritual leader) alive or let a young person (who doesn't want to live) to keep his/her free will?

I just finished watching what I would call the best one hour of television I've seen in a long time, last night's ep. LOL for the first 45 minutes, followed by one of the better fight scenes in a long time, then the last WTF five minutes. Alan Tudyk was phenomenal. Nothing he did in Firefly came close to his antics last night. I'm going to have to watch again. Probably missed a few things through all the laughter. I'm confused about one thing, but hopefully I'll figure it out.

Vendors Prep Place-Shifting, ITV Demos For CableLabs Confab

Thierer On Comcast/NBCU: The Sky Isn't Falling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts