Joss Whedon's 'Dollhouse'

Fox cuts short 'Dollhouse' (sort of)

From James Hibbard's the live feed...
Whedon compatriot Felicia Day (Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog) had a role in the unscheduled episode and Twittered: "Man, day getting worse and worse. Found out my Dollhouse ep, #13 isn't gonna air. Only on DVD. Such a great part too. Thx Fox. :( ..."
&
All parties also insist the network has not canceled Dollhouse, though the network declining to air an episode isn't encouraging. The most recent episode of Dollhouse earned a 1.5 rating among adults 18-49, with companion Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles pulling a 1.3. Sources say the odds of Terminator surviving are pretty slim, but the closed-door verdict on Dollhouse is not in yet.

Source & More thrfeed.com

The 'Dollhouse' situation and what Whedon should do next

Maureen Ryan
And the situation is this: Fox ordered 13 episodes of "Dollhouse." It considers the pilot that was shot but scrapped to be one of those episodes. So as far as Fox is concerned, it is obliged to air 12 more episodes of "Dollhouse." That run of 12 ends on May 8, when an episode titled "Omega" airs (there's more on upcoming episodes of "Dollhouse" here).
&
My take is this: If "Dollhouse" is canceled, for the love of all that is holy, creator Joss Whedon should get out of business with the broadcast networks.

Source & More: Chicago Tribune.com

Well I think the show has finally turned a corner. Too bad it is finally developing into something interesting just as they kill it off. It would be perfect for SciFi, too bad it has a real budget.

It's numbers have been slowly picking up, to #6 last Friday. I'll bet it gets renewed. I read another article that Fox went "hands off" starting with episode 6, which is about when it started the uptick.

Last edited:
Last week episode was really good. There were a lot of things happening in one episode.

Appears even Whedon thinks its not toast for a second season. Usually when I hear this, I quit watching, but I want to see the remainders of this one.

Joss Whedon speculates on Dollhouse's future and teases the 13th episode

Joss Whedon, creator of Fox's sci-fi series Dollhouse, told a group of reporters that he's resigned to the show's fate and that a second-season pickup is unlikely, but said he holds out hope for a renewal. Fox has not yet announced its plans, but the show's ratings have been below expectations and it is not expected to be picked up.
Source & More: scifiwire.com

Vendors Prep Place-Shifting, ITV Demos For CableLabs Confab

Thierer On Comcast/NBCU: The Sky Isn't Falling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts