Joss Whedon's 'Dollhouse'

from thrfeed.com with thanks to dfergie for finding it: link-> CBS wins Friday; 'Dollhouse' slips--The Live Feed

Not again! The penultimate episode of Dollhouse dropped the series to another new low -- 1.1 preliminary adults 18-49 rating and 3.1 million viewers.

I am beginning to agree with others that Joss cannot succeed on network TV. The show needs to be an instant success to play on the networks. With a show like Gray's Anatomy, you can quickly put together a 30 second trailer with lots of sex and action that describes the whole series, but what do you do for Joss' stuff where the story continually changes direction?

What I realized, the less the ep centers around Echo, the better it is. This week, she was just background. Paul and "Wash" stole the show.

I think the weird part about this is that comparing to other science fictions (killer robots, time traveling, etc...) this technology doesn't sound to far fetch. What would they do if they really could download the brain? Keep an important old or sick person (scientist, spiritual leader) alive or let a young person (who doesn't want to live) to keep his/her free will?

The problem is that having a brilliant person's memories will not make you brilliant. Human intellect is a complex reaction of chemicals, and every body is different. Would the person even be able to act the same when a different hormone balance?

The problem is that having a brilliant person's memories will not make you brilliant. Human intellect is a complex reaction of chemicals, and every body is different. Would the person even be able to act the same when a different hormone balance?

But that's not really too far from normal changes due to aging. As you age, different hormones kick in, and you do act differently. You are less physically fit when you are older and slower to think, remember less. But it doesn't matter. Human wants eternal life. Most human. They want to be young and beautiful forever. It doesn't matter if they are a little less brilliant. It is about eternal life.. the quest!

RE "Briar Rose": Wow! I did not see that coming! Good setup for the season finale this Friday. Let's hope it's the "season" and not "series" finale...

Last night's finale was a disappointment over all, IMO.
Agreed.
Maybe Joss knows that he couldn't do a cliff-hanger because of the risk that there wouldn't be a Season 2, so the finale had to neatly wrap up everything. But Alpha getting away? He had to escape to be an antagonist for Season 2, just in case.

Again, the Dr. Sanders angle was an interesting twist.

Last week's rating slipped even more, down to 1.0 (pilot was 2.0). Safe bet is that is won't be returning. I liked it, but it tended to be hit and miss.

I expect the only question for me is whether I want to spend $40 on the DVD simply to be able to see that unbroadcast episode.

I enjoyed the series, but there is nothing there I really want to see again.

Vendors Prep Place-Shifting, ITV Demos For CableLabs Confab

Thierer On Comcast/NBCU: The Sky Isn't Falling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)