July 12th Charlie Chat Recap

Must be some Chinese guy with a stogie and a racing forum tucked under his arm that they are targeting........

And I thought WWE Raw was bad :)

I totally forgot about the CC...too busy watching the "Hoppin Mad Hillbilly" Chris Kirk sell those knives on channel 221

Didnt sound like I missed anything

Scott Greczkowski said:
Here is tonight's Charlie Chat Recap

(C) 2003 SatelliteGuys.US

In a nutshell here is tonights recap...

"We would love to add more more stuff like HD and new channels but we find nothing compelling and plus we don't want to raise your rates."

And that folks was the Charlie Chat for tonight. :)

This is why I "Dumped the Dish" and went with Comcast. Charlie does not care about HD he is more interested in getting locals which will bring more customers. I get all of my local channels in HD plus the Red Sox and Bruins home games in HD. Thank you Comcast.

The only way to get more programming that we want

I have said it before, Charlie needs to cut Michael Schwimmer loose and hire someone else that thinks more like a real subscriber. Real subscribers want more HD and AMERICAN content.

bigthrust said:
Real subscribers want more HD and AMERICAN content.

That's funny because most of the people I know don't even know what "HD" is.

HD = Hard Drive
HD = Hot Dog
HD = Hot Day
HD = Happy Days = The Fonz!!
HD = Hard Day

These are some of the things that they would guess "HD" stood for. You tell them it stands for "High Definition", they ask "what's that?", you tell them it's digital TV, "oh yeah, MediaCom offers that."

~Alan<~~~~~~~~~~~Who also thinks Dish should add more South American programming! ;)

fredfa said:
NBC stations will be the only ones showing HD from Athens.
Well great.....NBC is the only major net station OTA that is crap out here in DC with regards to full power. I get ABC, CBS, FOX, & PBS very well at 65 miles out from towers. BTW, the NBC tower is on the same hill as the others!!

I just spent 20 minutes explaining to a new customer that an 811 won't turn his 10 year old TV into an HD TV.

The last time I spent so much time talking to a hardheaded customer was trying to explain why we need electricity in the house to install the dish.

Since they moved to the new building the show has had bad picture quality. It was better than last months show: at least it didn't turn green and into xrays several times during the show.

I recently posted that most of the posts posted here are negative posts. Well, I am going to joing the club.

First of all.. Charlie is a dork.

Next, are we ahead of the curve or is Dish just sorely behind the curve?

Is there truly any HD content that Dish could add to make us happy? I want HD, but I don't really know what is out there.

Lastly.. Charlie is a dork-nugget.

Cheers.

hehdaddy said:
I recently posted that most of the posts posted here are negative posts. Well, I am going to joing the club.

First of all.. Charlie is a dork.

Next, are we ahead of the curve or is Dish just sorely behind the curve?

Is there truly any HD content that Dish could add to make us happy? I want HD, but I don't really know what is out there.

Lastly.. Charlie is a dork-nugget.

Cheers.

HAHA!!!! :D

hehdaddy said:

I think it depends on what kind of programming you like. As far as movie channels go, Cinemax HD, Starz HD, TMC-HD have all become a reality and Dish and DirecTV have yet to add them...of course, you'd have to subscribe to their respective packages to get them (with the exception of TMC-HD on Dish).

As far as general programming goes, BravoHD, Wealth HD are about the only two I can think of that have "pooped" up recently that are not available on Dish as Dish has TNT-HD. There is also INHD 1 & 2, but then there is some sort of debate as to whether Dish, DirecTV or VOOM could even get them.

There is also HD versions of networks they could add for people in O&Os or with waivers, which include CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX and PBS. They could also add HD versions of the SuperStations for WB! and UPN HD programming.

They could also (at least to my knowledge) add regional sport networks in HD (those that do HD), but then, like the networks, they wouldn't benefit as many people as the other channels mentioned above.

Oh yeah, they could also add Spice HD PPV like DirecTV has, but well, it wouldn't benefit everybody.

~Alan

bigthrust said:
I have said it before, Charlie needs to cut Michael Schwimmer loose and hire someone else that thinks more like a real subscriber. Real subscribers want more HD and AMERICAN content.
It's been said before, but having worked for an E* and D* dealer for a few years now, we get about 15 subs wanting South Asian(read:Indian) programming for every 1 HD sub. I guess it's just the part of the country I live in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)