Jumping back to digital cable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

swacksman

Aug 9, 2004
Well, I'm done with the dish. After 10 months, Time Warner made me too sweet a deal to refuse. I'm getting RoadRunner high speed internet, digital cable, HBO & Showtime (also on demand), HD Tier including HD Net, HD Net Movies, INHD 1/2, TNT, ESPN HD, and all locals in HD, 12 screens of Encore and a few others, and an HD DVR all for under $100/mo., guaranteed for a year, and $100 to come back on top of that as part of a promo to get people like me back from the dish. I'll owe DirecTV a few bucks for quitting early on my contract, but who cares? I'll still come out way ahead, and don't have to worry about weather messing up my picture (cable was always reliable in my area). I can't see any advantage to staying with satellite at this point. Hell, now I'll actually be able to take advantage of some of the HD movie channels because I'll be able to record in HD and not have to fork out big bucks for an HD Tivo.

If Sunday Ticket was more reasonable (about $100/yr.), I'd probably stay, but not under these circumstances.

swacksman said:
Well, I'm done with the dish. After 10 months, Time Warner made me too sweet a deal to refuse. I'm getting RoadRunner high speed internet, digital cable, HBO & Showtime (also on demand), HD Tier including HD Net, HD Net Movies, INHD 1/2, TNT, ESPN HD, and all locals in HD, 12 screens of Encore and a few others, and an HD DVR all for under $100/mo., guaranteed for a year, and $100 to come back on top of that as part of a promo to get people like me back from the dish. I'll owe DirecTV a few bucks for quitting early on my contract, but who cares? I'll still come out way ahead, and don't have to worry about weather messing up my picture (cable was always reliable in my area). I can't see any advantage to staying with satellite at this point. Hell, now I'll actually be able to take advantage of some of the HD movie channels because I'll be able to record in HD and not have to fork out big bucks for an HD Tivo.

If Sunday Ticket was more reasonable (about $100/yr.), I'd probably stay, but not under these circumstances.

man i don't blame you if adelfia would offer me that deal i'd go back to.

I've already jumped back to Digital Cable. I think I was given the same deal as Swacksman. The primary reason I left was due to really poor quality analog channels in my house, and the fact that D* had Sunday Ticket. With the HD Sunday Ticket going up in price, I left D* for Cable, and now I get several more channels in HD than before. The analog local channels look almost as good as D*'s over-compressed digital local channels, plus the HDTV I get from cable looks significantly better than the HDTV from D*

I'm pretty happy right now! (I'm sure I'll be bummed during NFL season, but maybe I'll find something better to do than football! :eek: )

If that's what makes you happy then go for it, but I hope you read the fine print. Time Warner around here, anyway, is notorious for deals like this. You're guarenteed no increases for a certain length of time, but the day after the deal ends your bill shoots up to the top of the rate card. And who can forget the 8% (average) rate increase every year. I quit T-W and switched to "D" to get away from the high prices and even with their recent increases I'm still ahead. Good luck.

Time Warner has a poor reputation here in Houston (with me, anyway).

One example of their arrogance and utter disregard for the customer was the time they rearranged the channel lineup in the middle of the night with absolutely no warning to anyone. They took a lot of heat for that one. I have other reasons but I won't go into them.

If they were the only option, other than OTA, I would opt for OTA. But that's my opinion.

I had one of those deals with Comcast. The CSR took my payment info wrong and I was charged late fees when direct payment was set up. They refused to credit my account. The crummy service alone was enough to make me leave. Then when I did leave, I was harrassed for days by reps trying to keep me as a customer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)