Please reply by conversation.

sprog68

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
Las Vegas
Don't know how accurate this is, but

Breaking Major News : 4/30/2005: In regards to the recent dishnetwork press release, Directv is in talks, with Voom, to carry all of their Original VOOM HD channels, plus, directv is in talks with HBO HD West, Cinemax HD East and West, Showtime HD West, TMC HD East, Starz HD East and West, InHD 1 & 2 (InDemand is talking with D* and ignore the only on cable logo because it means nothing in the future but is true today because its marketing), TNT HD, ESPN 2 HD, Scripps HD Networks, Said to look for a major announcement sometime in June 2005.

This came from hdtechnews/netfirms. I'll have to go through my browser's history to make sure on that site name. Again, I'm just posting what I found, so don't flame me too hard if its wrong. :D

sprog68 said:
Don't know how accurate this is, but

Breaking Major News : 4/30/2005: In regards to the recent dishnetwork press release, Directv is in talks, with Voom, to carry all of their Original VOOM HD channels, plus, directv is in talks with HBO HD West, Cinemax HD East and West, Showtime HD West, TMC HD East, Starz HD East and West, InHD 1 & 2 (InDemand is talking with D* and ignore the only on cable logo because it means nothing in the future but is true today because its marketing), TNT HD, ESPN 2 HD, Scripps HD Networks, Said to look for a major announcement sometime in June 2005.

This came from hdtechnews/netfirms. I'll have to go through my browser's history to make sure on that site name. Again, I'm just posting what I found, so don't flame me too hard if its wrong. :D

haha, but this is a double post which was posted by longhorn a while back from this thread here

so why did u make another useless thread again?

I bet the "news" source was this forum. If there had been any press releases, they would've shown up here weeks ago.

When Hell freezes over

hdtvtechno said:
haha, but this is a double post which was posted by longhorn a while back from this thread here

so why did u make another useless thread again?

There is not reason to jump all over a new user, especially one who is trying to share information. (To that poster I say thank you)

This is not the grumpy old man club who jumps all over people for not searching or for making spelling mistakes, thats DBSTalk. Here at SatelliteGuys we welcome all because we KNOW those with sully questions now become tommorow Satellite TV experts.:)

Bravo Scott, sometimes I feel nervous posting something on here, checking 16 times and spending 30 minutes to see if anyone has mentioned it yet. All because I know someone is gonna scold me if it's wrong or god forbid, old news. A 46 year old man really shouldn't have to worry about looking bad in front of his fellow geeks. So keep posting Sprog!

Techno is a scorned Voomer, probably an unhappy E* customer now. Sprog, the HD is coming, you are correct and as posted one of our staff members (Longhorn) posted this a while ago and the other forum borrowed it. I have seen Longhorn's info be pretty accurate ... the man is connected.

Good question, we're all hungry for more HD.

Agreed,
Techno shouldn't have jumped on Sprog. After all, Longhorn's statement wasn't in a post of its own. It was burried deep in a posting about E*

Sprog,

thanks for the heads up.....keep posting and enjoy all the knowledge you will get in these forums. I have only been around for a few months but have learned so much and can't get enough of my satelliteguys news!

asousa said:
Sprog,

thanks for the heads up.....keep posting and enjoy all the knowledge you will get in these forums. I have only been around for a few months but have learned so much and can't get enough of my satelliteguys news!

Besides, even if it is a repeat for some, may still be brand new for others who dont' have the time to search and look at ALL the posts. And it gives hopes of MORE HD!!! :D Man, I need to get a life!!!! :eek: :eek:

Scott Greczkowski said:
There is not reason to jump all over a new user, especially one who is trying to share information. (To that poster I say thank you)

This is not the grumpy old man club who jumps all over people for not searching or for making spelling mistakes, thats DBSTalk. Here at SatelliteGuys we welcome all because we KNOW those with sully questions now become tommorow Satellite TV experts.:)

Amen my man...These people that just look for reasons to flame everyone and anything are just completely hopeless..

Sat Guys is not nearly as bad as AVS in this regard, but please, cant these sorry lifeless flamers have a little respect and human decency now and then?

You flamers are beyond pathetic...You should all crawl back into the hole from which you came from.

I did post that information on this site along with others and I would like nothing more than for people to share this around. So for future posts of mine please share it if you feel the need.

Also to the new poster if you have any specific questions I haven't answered please feel free to PM me and I'll get back with you ASAP. Enjoy SatelliteGuys and please know that a few of us have a bad day every now and again but people rarely ever get slammed but we always suggest using the search button as often as you can.

Also just so you all know I'm LonghornXP on DBSForums, DBSTalk, AVSForum and I'm now LonghornXP2005 on Tivocommunity. I just wanted to make sure you knew who I was when viewing other sites.

I think it would be awesome if D* added the Voom channels. Monstershd is a must have for me. I thought Scott reported that D* would not be adding those channels though. Thought I read that somewhere?

Scott Greczkowski said:
This is not the grumpy old man club who jumps all over people for not searching or for making spelling mistakes, thats DBSTalk. )

Yea, for a second I thought I was reading a Nick post. ;)

charper1 said:
Longhorn: who stole your ID on TivoCommunity? or did you just want to change it up a bit with the 2005 suffix?

EDIT: Nice links for those that have not seen them.
http://www.boeing.com/defense-space/space/bss/factsheets/702/spaceway/spaceway.html

http://www.skyrocket.de/space/doc_sdat/spaceway.htm

LonghornXP on Tivocommunity was mine but after a site upgrade it refused to log me in and when I emailed the staff it always got rejected so after about a month I gave up.

Apologist said:
I think it would be awesome if D* added the Voom channels. Monstershd is a must have for me. I thought Scott reported that D* would not be adding those channels though. Thought I read that somewhere?

I've heard they would be added but hearing the guy on the webcast and what Scott and others have been saying I'm not sure about it as I was. I guess only time will tell.

Here is a message from SkyREPORT
-----------------------
"DirecTV's Spaceway F2 satellite, the second of two Spaceway birds that will allow the company to expand digital and high-def programming for its customers, has arrived at the Guiana Space Center in Kourou, French Guiana, and is going through preparations for launch next month, the company said.

The spacecraft is one of four satellites DirecTV is launching during a two-year period as part of a dramatic in-orbit expansion. The satellites will enable DirecTV to deliver more than 1,500 local and more than 150 national HD channels and other advanced programming services to consumers nationwide by 2007.

Spaceway F1 launched in late April.

The Boeing-built satellite will be carried into space by an Ariane 5 launch vehicle and is expected to be ready for commercial service in early fall at 99.2 degrees, one of two Ka-Band orbital slots DirecTV will use to transmit local digital and HD signals via spot beam to its customers."
----------------------------------

Looks like the launch of Spaceway 2 is getting read for a June launch..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)