Just a curious question... Some shows on DVR are listed with a "K". What does the "K" mean?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That said, DVRs do work fairly good as a storage medium... I have a friend who still has my old upgraded HDVR2 circa 2004-ish when I did the upgrades, and it's plugging along great. Hard drives can actually be pretty reliable as well, and supposedly are getting even more reliable. I know of one particular radio station that has had it's old DOS-based automation software running 24/7/365 since 1989 -- without a glitch; same hard drives (3 huge 1.2 gig Micropolis 5.25"ers).

N
Well I have had two HR24 hard drives crap out on me in less than three years, and a third one is on it's last legs (a low level scan just corrected 1402 disk errors). So, I would not consider these things long-term storage devices. I am going to lose some recording I would really like to be able to watch at a later date.

people really run low on hard drive space on a Genie?
dang mine only gets below 90% when i record a bunch of sporting events (like this weekend)

My Genie has been between 23% and 9% empty since about November. That's when school and work caught up with me and watching TV in a timely matter went out the window.

I'd rather have each title that I want to keep on a separate physical format that requires a player, than all of them stored on a hard drive in a machine...which either the hd or the machine go out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)