Just a few questions about moving, receivers, etc.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CPeanutG

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 11, 2007
Sent this to ceo@echostar.com and figured I would post this here to get more input.

I am moving in with someone else, and they have Comcast, and I have had Dish for a year, so I got a nice library of stuff on my Dish Network 722 and its External HDD. I would like to take these with me (people are still going to be living at my previous address and want Dish still, and that 722). I have thought this out and see two possible solutions (since you can only transfer programs between DVRs on the same account).

1.) I get a new/used/refurbished 722/622/612 shipped here, activate it on my account, transfer between these two DVRs using the External HDD as an intermediary. Then take this box with me, and put it on the new account. Cost to me would be cost of the new/used/refurbished box, plus shipping. Only downside, is a new HD DVR might come with the new service at my new address.

2.) Take the Dish 722 with me to the new address, along with the External HDD. Sign up for new service, get a 722 DVR on that new account. Activate the old 722 on the new account aswell, activate the External Hard Drive Service (I would need to do this anyway), then transfer between these two DVRs using the External HDD as an intermediary, and bring back the old 722 when this is complete.

Also, I am on a 18 month commitment at my current address, and I have a 625 DVR that will no longer be in use, is this mine after the 18 months (able to sell this)?

Just got off the phone with Dish (also wanted to change the name on my account) and they said the safest way to do it would be to use DishMover and move my stuff over to the new place, and have the person who is staying here, sign up for a new plan. This sounds unappealing to me because it would mean my 18 month commitment would turn into two 24 month commitments...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)