just a thought

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sounds complicated. It's easy to ask for something. When someone else is going to have to support it, that's another story.

Where do the solid answers come from?

Then how do they stay up to date?

Who is volunteering for what?

Anole, I have been thinking about PMing you about an idea I had about making something for the signal qualities but I was not sure if members would be willing to contribute signal quality information for it.

I was thinking about creating a signal list where members would enter their location (zip code or nearest city), and then create system "profiles" for the receiver that they are using, and be able to enter their signal qualities for each transponder on TheList.

Other members could then search for nearby signal qualities and see what other members in their area or within say 200 miles have entered and what receivers they were used for the signal quality readings.

I have all the FEC data for the Ku transponders.

A few issues / ideas that come to mind are:

Normalizing the receivers signal quality readings, I have a Coolsat 6000, Twinhan, and a Pansat 3500 so I know what their qualities mean.

How well is the users dish setup, I might have a 1.2 Meter dish but if I have not aligned it properly it might preform like a 36" dish, but then for that user some satellites might be strong and then the ends of the arc might be weak so that will show an issue. It will also show up if other members within a few hundred miles post much different signal qualities.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments please let me know, if enough members will be willing to enter signal quality information I will create this section, thanks.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments please let me know, if enough members will be willing to enter signal quality information I will create this section, thanks.

I would like to see this and will contribute.

I have a Coolsat 6000, Twinhan card as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)