Just for Fun... Polling your hobbies

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dixie Chicken Rocks!:D:D

I have an old Ford 600 for mowing the lane and pulling logs. Got a 1 acre garden, hogs, goats, and chickens. Must have picked and delivered 60 dozen ears of sweet corn this week. The goats & pigs get the stalks.

My favorite hobby is done with a good friend of mine, we travel around the county committing random Christian acts.

Today it was fixing a leaking sink drain for Doreen, a nice widow lady...we overcharged her....2 cups of coffee each!

Yesterday, it was a faulty power switch on a vacuum cleaner for Lucille, another widow, shimmed the plastic slide with a bit of plastic and some epoxy. She asked "How much do I owe you?" "Nothing" I replied. "I have to give you something", she said. "How about a pie?" Nothing beats a pie made by someones grandmother. I hope it's apple.

Last week it was a faulty outside outlet, and removing a hornets nest. Same fee $0.00

Cadsulfide,

I totally respect your benevolent nature and hobbies! I manage to help a few folks out in some manner where I can apply my background and knowledge. It makes a person just feel good to help another!

I helped my close neighbor once with some project, I don't recall what now, but when I was there, it was summer time and I just happened to be dressed in a very casual summer attire. I had a red shirt and jeans and a white sailors cap donned. The lady of the house said that I looked like Gilligan, and it stuck! So, ever since, she cooked me up coconut cream pies for helping out! You just cannot refuse a coconut cream pie baked expressly for you! :)

RADAR

Cartooning, static models, sport touring on my Kawasaki Concours, kayaking, fishing, water rockets, exotic aquatic plants and tropical fish (my 60 gallon aquarium), birding with my son, and last but not least...an occasional ice cold beer.

Cartooning, static models, sport touring on my Kawasaki Concours, kayaking, fishing, water rockets, exotic aquatic plants and tropical fish (my 60 gallon aquarium), birding with my son, and last but not least...an occasional ice cold beer.

Excellent Fizbi! I like the kayaking, fishing and your aqaurium most! I guess I must gravitate to things related to water sports and fish in general! Almost anything that revolves around water... Beer is made with water, too! Cool!

Maybe you will enjoy this experience... I caught a small (2 inch or so long) shortnose gar in the river when I was a kid (not on a fishing pole, but with a small net while I was looking for minnows for bait).

I put him in my 20 gallon aquarium and raised him for quite a few years until he took ill and passed away.

I would cut small pieces of beef liver and thread them on a string and dangle them in the acquarium near the gar. He would motor up to the meat like a stealth submarine and then WHAM! attack the meat like a piranha! Thrashing all about!

It was quite a neat experience.

RADAR

Most of my hobbies are photography, video, and computer related, so they are all somewhat connected with each other. The exceptions are my hobbies of roller coaster riding and following the space program.

I have been a coaster enthusiast since 2000, when Six Flags New Orleans (then Jazzland) opened in New Orleans East. Katrina destroyed the park, but there are signs it may be re-opened under the Nickelodeon brand (they run the indoor park in the Mall of America near Iceberg's place ;) ) With my home park closed for the time being, I travel to other parks on occasion. I am also active on a handful of theme park-related forums.

In the last couple of years, I've become an avid follower of the space program, with NASA-TV being my primary TV viewing during shuttle flights :) ...

Last edited:
...He would motor up to the meat like a stealth submarine and then WHAM! attack the meat like a piranha! Thrashing all about!...RADAR

Something about watching one critter eating another...:eek:

In high school, I came so close to getting caught feeding fish from one tank to the larger fish in the other tank. The cute biology teacher was always trying to catch the culprit.

But now the real challenge is getting exotic plants to grow and blossom pretty pink flowers. I have a Madagascar plant that has thrived for more than a dozen years. When conditions are just right, a shoot runs to the top of the tank and two flowers pop out of a pod. It takes a lot of patience, like fine tuning a dish.

My other hobbies are shortwave radio and scanner listening, Shooting sports, fishing, and working around the house, reno's and such.

Diverse hobbies

I have a few diverse hobbies:

Saltwater fishing
FTA of course
Ham Radio, SWL, Scanning Public Safety
Build electronic kits

I cook and bake, my specialty is baking breads and rolls.
(Check out Pic)

For the last 4 years I joined a writes group in the HOA and I write short stories.
(Enclosed is one of my more humorous one)

My biggest hobby is retirement, I can do anything I want as long as my wife lets me!!

Attachments

• Shoe salesperson.pdf
    49.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 2008_0406_Bread_basket_0005.JPG
    2008_0406_Bread_basket_0005.JPG
    589.1 KB · Views: 82
Hobbies...

Satellite Communications
Electronics
Home Theater
AM/FM - TV DXing
Music
Used to mess with cars when I was younger.

I enjoy Ham radio my call N1WBD, I enjoy copying weather maps on the hf bands as well as the GOES weather satellite photos on 137 mhz. I have in the past worked the space station on packet radio. Want to try operating the amateur radio satellites in the future. I have also operate PSK, digital voice, RTTY MFSK16 as well as Digital Slow scan TV and analog SSTV.

Besides FTA, my hobbies include:

ATVing (Raptor 700 with an affliction for Sand Dunes)
VW TDI mod/fix/repair
I work in IT but I like to play with computer stuff for fun too.

I had to include a pic of the biggest money pit:

Glamis02_09_002.jpg

Long distance endurance motorcycle rally riding.
Three bikes currently in the stable.
2004 BMW 1200 LT
2006 FJR
2008 GL1800

Well, as for me my favorite hobbies are FTA satellite TV DXing, Ham Radio DXing, VHF low band TV Dxing, Wine Tasting, Go on the trip somewhere and good New Mexican foods with Red or Green Chiles!!:hungry:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)