Just found out about FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

woodmizer5

Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Hi All!

I am 57 years young and only last week did I find out about FTA.

We will be moving into a new home in about a month. We now have Direct TV and what I would like to know is what I can get on FTA, because I see the channels but it means nothing to me. Can I get movies or what can we get if I get a receiver and dish? Do we still need Direct TV? Any help because we are totally ignorant about this subject. I would appreciate every detail so that I know what I am going to do once we get moved.

Thank you,
Don :confused:

Don, its not a replacement for pay-tv, you won't get A&E nor Headline news, HBO or any of the subscription channels. What you can get is, wild feeds, live news reports, live sports events, and a lot more. There's some general interest channels, some that show mostly old programming from the 60s,70s, and 80s. All Free. It's the present generation of the old "big dish from the 80s" hobby. There's also some network feeds, international channels, childrens programming and religious-oriented stations. You need a good view of the southern sky, a 36" or bigger dish and a digital receiver. This is the place we all gather to talk about our hobby, so feel free to ask questions.

Okay; Thanks guys. That tells me what I need to know. I can transfer my direct tv for now and research fta later.
Thanks; Don

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)