Just got a Conaxsat Trio, working on a review

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
I received my conaxsat Trio today and am working on a review of it once I get it going on my setup and get comfortable with it.

For those that don't know, this unit uses and external HD for PVR functions and also plays a myriad of divx compatible files loaded through a USB flash drive or HD.
http://www.conaxsat.com/conaxsat-trio.php

I wanted to post before I write the review as I want to get some input from you guys on what you would like me to test out.

Post some suggestions of things you want me to test out after you read the specs (so you know what it claims it can do). I'm off to get this unit hooked up and play with it. I'll check back later for your suggestions (hopefully you'll have some).

When you get a chance, go to AMC1 and check on a 4:2:2 feed, to see if it can get it? I doubt it will, but I want you to prove me wrong. Thanks.

Al

I don't do AMC 1 much, PM me a TP that has a 422 feed on it and I'll scan and see what I get.

I am in the process of playing with the blind scan right now.

looking forward to any feedback on the brand

The Duo was on my potential lust-list.
The Trio just adds the DivX capability.

So, anything related to hard drive recording, timers, play-while-recording, record while on (as opposed to while off) and all that, are where I want to go.
And, how the video can be pulled off the hard drive is a big interest.
I occasionally make DVDs from the hard drive in my receiver, so getting my hands on the mpeg is vital.
Any translation utilities needed on your computer would be annoying.
Hopefully the drive has just mpeg with multiplexed video and audio, and nothing else.

Also, the whole idea of playing DivX seems silly to me.
They expect you to load the drive with DivX, then plug it into the Trio for playing?
I'm pretty sure the Trio won't encode mpeg to divx, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Some of these boxes don't do 22khz + diseqc switches + motors all that well, so give it a good bashing.

Needless to say, all audio should be available on the coax/optical output regardless if you are on an AC3 channel or not.
And if AC3 channels also happen to be decoded to stereo and fed out the regular red/white RCA jacks, that's be a real plus for many users.

I know you gotta walk before you run, so the hard drive testing may come later in your test suite.
That's fine.
Pretty much any observations are welcome.
Do your review in layers, if you like.
Concentrate on one area in your first post, then another area,, and so on... (?)
Thanks - and have a good time with the new toy!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)