Just got an R15...Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kdarcangelis870

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
I have just purchased the R15 dvr from Wal-Mart. When I called to activate, the lady said that if I purchased it after March 1 it would be a lease, so I told her I purchased it way back in November:D. Then shell tells me that I have started a new 2-year contract.:mad: I thought that if you purchased subsidized equipment that it would only be a 1 year contract, or is this their new policy?

One more question. Can I simply plug a usb cable into the front of the dvr and then into my computer and copy recorded shows to my computer, or do I need special software?

Thanks

One more question...

Can you add a second Hard Drive to the R15 or upgrade the hard drive? I would like to boost my recording capabilites when I am on vacation.

You are in a 2 year commitment no matter what with a DVR or an HD receiver activation.

No, you cannot just plug a usb cable in and extract shows to your PC. The usb port does nothing at this point.

I do not think anyone has figured a way to add HD space to the R15, yet.

As Tonedeaf stated..
Standard equipment activation = 1 year commitment
"Advanced" equipment (HD, DVR, HD-DVR) activation = 2 year commitment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)