Just got an Samsung D* Hd box... -

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
I Have E* hd (921 and 6000u) I have had 2 sd D* receivers active... (Got D* in eithe 96 or 97) I deactivated one receiver a Phillips that sucked... bought a Samsung Sir-Ts360 this afternoon, got the Hd pack... and as a bonus ended up with all but abchd ( have had dns for years, sent the card in to keep). So I killed the Phillips and cut playboy so I will break even... Bought this for UHD ( Battlestar Galactica , Century City plus... ) I have Cbs Hd on E* and have not watched Fox or Nbc other than an occasional Joey and ER... so now this summer I will have "new" programs to watch...

Let us know if that new 360 operates correctly on FOX-HD, there are reports of sporadic audio issues that I have never seen with my LG or Zenith

I should have said heard, not seen....... LOL!

Ok....Thanks... I have only hooked up thur optical right now... My first UHD program was Monk, upconvert... Tremors 3 coming up... so far the PQ is comparable on E* and D*( E* maybe slightly sharper), of course this Tv is only a 43" so a bigger screen might show more decernable differances...and I have been jumping around channels and setting preferences...

I'm liking this already... Have Replay hooked up Remote works, will see if timer works for Csi Miami coming up, and I can output S-video and Component at same time...( none of my E* box's do this) this box also has Rgb out so it will interface with my X1 nicely as does my 921... Gotta stop watching tremors as I missed first of it and it comes back on in a short time... Setting 921 for Miami so I can compare as CBS Hd has some of the best Pq on E*...

Hd net Auto racing looks pretty good, did see Pixalation once, but had 921 off so no comparison. Tremors 4 looks pretty good on Uhd. Law and Order CI on Nbc looked pretty soft... Upconvert? or compression... -Discovery looks good... Have been playing with settings and hooking up Analog ota's, My local digital (abc) is Off , have to E-mail engineer in Albuqurque... Actually I did a month or so ago... I'm the only one down here that knows there is a digital feed... For me as I suspected I have 3 new(to me) HD Channels Nbc, Fox and Uhd . My Replay is controlling this box... never tried with 921...So I can Record Galactica in Ed on Replay and watch in Hd...

Never watched a Law and Order of any type... till now... Charlie, Uhd is compelling... Edit... have not left Uhd... Mr Sterling(never seen) and now Century City... Karen Sisco coming up (never seen) then Tremors 3 and 4 and Battlestar Galactica till 10 mdt...

charper1 said:
Let us know if that new 360 operates correctly on FOX-HD, there are reports of sporadic audio issues that I have never seen with my LG or Zenith

I should have said heard, not seen....... LOL!

Just ran across this thread, but I too have noticed the audio issues with the local FOX HD signal.

With my SIR-TS360, I use a Squareshooter 1000 for OTA. I get a good signal (95+). I really don't watch much FOX programming except for NFL games. However, there was nearly always a breakup in audio during last seasons HD/DD 5.1 football broadcasts. I thought it was the local broadcaster.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)