Just Got D*

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I went to get my own rebate for the 18 dollars and had just submitted it when my connection stopped . i went through the process again and this time it said i was not eligible. Could it be the rebate went through already:confused:

Glad everything went well for you.

Now you need to take the time to aquainte yourself with it all and get comfortable with it :)

Chances are your rebate went thru and the next time you tried, it saw it ...

Let us know if you have questions :)

Jimbo

Glad everything went well for you.

Now you need to take the time to aquainte yourself with it all and get comfortable with it :)

Chances are your rebate went thru and the next time you tried, it saw it ...

Let us know if you have questions :)

Jimbo

thanks yet again jimbo:D

My install was done today. The installer was scheduled for 8-12 and did not show up till 3pm, it was fine with me, because he did a wall fish for free for being late. The install was quick (I installed the boxes to save time) and so far seems very well done. The HD channels seem alot sharper to me than they did on my 622, and the HD DVR HR21 is not bad at all, still cannot figure out what all the E* guys have in for it. It has been easy for me to use, and it physically looks better to me than the 622. I wish i had done this sooner, I am thus far very satisfied.:up

I just went to try that and it says no eligible rebates:eek: even though on the D* website the first time i went to rebate center it said i was and 1 was available.

I'd probably print the rebate form and mail it in to them just to be on the safe side .. or send an email from your online account .. they seem to reply within a couple of days and seem to be friendly enough ;)

I'd probably print the rebate form and mail it in to them just to be on the safe side .. or send an email from your online account .. they seem to reply within a couple of days and seem to be friendly enough ;)

Yeah earlier i sent an email to CS to make sure they got the rebate in their systems. If they come back and say they got it that would be good, if not then i will submit the form. every email i have sent them they have replied within 6-8 hours now thats customer service.

You should be able to call them to find out. Tell them you just sent the $18 rebate online, it went through but now the online rebate center says not eligible, what is the deal?

Great to see that you all are loving your service. There is no doubt about it that the mpeg4 programming blows dish hd away. I just cant wait untill they get those mpeg2 HD programming over in mpeg4. Once you all get comfortable with your systems and learn the ways of the D* remote, Come on over to the CE program in this forum, if you dont mind testing software. I like it because you get to test out all the cool stuff first. :)

Great to see that you all are loving your service. There is no doubt about it that the mpeg4 programming blows dish hd away. I just cant wait untill they get those mpeg2 HD programming over in mpeg4. Once you all get comfortable with your systems and learn the ways of the D* remote, Come on over to the CE program in this forum, if you dont mind testing software. I like it because you get to test out all the cool stuff first. :)

Im doing SD for now but may consider HD for later.

Today was my install, and all i can say is WOW!!! The HD on D* just rocks!!! The dvr is nothingl ike all the E* boys say it is, I have had no trouble at all figuring it out. I actually think it is easier for me to use. The guide is a little strange for me, but hey i have only been playing with it for a few hours. Best decision i ever made, makes me wish i hadn't cancelled my order right before AMC14 launched. D* is the only way to go!!!!:up

Does anyone know what the capacity on the HR21 DVR is ,how many hours of programming you can fit on it? Thanks in advance

What is the purpose of the CE forum i have never heard of it since i had E*

The purpose is to test the coming national release software before it goes national. You see the features before there released like Directv on Demand, Media share, among others. It does come at a risk though that your reciver can crash from time to time. But generally the quality that is put out you wont have this issue. When you do find a bug, I would report it here and we forward it to Directv so It can be fixed for the next release. Releases are generally a weekly basis. Usally by the 3rd or 4th release everything is starting to come together and is really rock solid for the most part. Check out the CE forum. :)

I know that I now feel a much better sense of serenity with DIRECTV hd and less urgency than I did when I only had DISH for all my hd choices. I no longer have to worry about when is Charlie going to dane to let us have a new hd channel or NOT. I am so tired of the phrase "coming soon". With DIRECTV I have all the hd channels NOW . I do still perfer my 722 dvr to the hr 21 dvr. IT is flawless in how it works in comparison to the hr 21. But the hr 21 is workable if you customise it. I have the 30 skip feature enabled , the favorites guide locked into grid style and labeled ALL SUB. So I have made it as much like a DISH dvr as I can. I do like the INternet based vod with DIRECTV. This is cool and how satellite vod should work. I still kept DISH for my locals and ota locals and the hd pack. IF I see that DISH continues to stagnate in the national hd channel additions I will drop the hd pack and just go down to one dvr and locals or the sd essential pack for 9.99 . THe 722 makes a damn good ota box with its ota tuner and two sat tuners ,for recording network tv when you have 3 shows up against each other at the same time. DIRECTV should of copied this feature and the pip feature as well. BUt the hr 21 has native resolution which DISH has yet to deliver on. I haven't delt with the external hard drive with DIRECTV and still have it with DISH. But if it keeps going the way it looks like its going with DISH , it looks like I will be selling my other two 622 receivers on Ebay and putting another hd receiver from Directv in my back bedroom.

THe 722 makes a damn good ota box with its ota tuner and two sat tuners ,for recording network tv when you have 3 shows up against each other at the same time.

I know that you'll lose the ability to record three shows at once, but you will soon be able to access off-air programming with your HR21. You'll need the AM21 off air tuner, which plugs into the HR21 via USB. It should be out soon.

Question on the AM21. Does anyone know if it will have the ability to store more than 1 DMA (i recieve 3 different OTA DMA's) and have them work seamlessly in the HR-21's guide. Also, I hear the AM21 has dual off-air tuners. Will this give the HR-21 the ability to record more than 2 shows at once? Sorry if the questions seem basic, but I've never been a D* customer.

Question on the AM21. Does anyone know if it will have the ability to store more than 1 DMA (i recieve 3 different OTA DMA's) and have them work seamlessly in the HR-21's guide. Also, I hear the AM21 has dual off-air tuners. Will this give the HR-21 the ability to record more than 2 shows at once? Sorry if the questions seem basic, but I've never been a D* customer.
The HR21/AM21 combination works exactly the same as the HR20. You can enter a primary and secondary zip code to get the guide information, not three. No, you're still limited to a total of two sat/OTA recordings at a time (2DBS, 2OTA or 1 OTA/1 DBS).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)