Just got Dish HDTV, and I can't program the remote to my 19" LCD Polaroid TLA-01911C

walkr

Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
Well I have come to these forums after posting in a couple others that I am more familiar with. I heard that this was a great community to check out for this type of stuff. Anyways here is my question:

I recently purchased a Polaroid 19" LCD Television - TLA-01911C (link on bottom) without a remote, but at a discounted price. I figured that this would be no problem, I could just go home and program it to my brand new HDTV receiver that I had just installed earlier that week.

When I arrived home everything worked fine except one thing, I noticed there were no remote codes for my brand of TV in my Dish manual. So I started to go online and search for other people with the same problem. I have tried so many codes that I found online, I even tried just putting in other brands in hope that it would work. I have also run through the auto search, where you pretty much just cycle through every code the remote supports and try to find one that works. Obviously that didn't do any good either. So now I am really stuck in a spot, I can't really return the TV, and I am stuck in a contract with Dish Network.

So what should I do in this situation? Please help!

Amazon.com: Polaroid 19" LCD Television - TLA-01911C: Electronics
51124wOhQ3L._AA280_.jpg

sorry, i should have mentioned i have searched the forums with no luck pertaining to this particular tv.

TRY
1-800-Remotes Factory original replacement remote controls
Factory original replacement remote controls specifically for TV, VCR, DVD, stereo or home theater. Universal remotes? Why settle or less?
1-800-Remotes Factory original replacement remote controls
Or
Remote Central
Provides reviews of universal remote controls and ... and, since all Harmony remotes share the same basic software ... New Universal Remotes at CES ...
Welcome to Remote Central: Universal Remote Control Reviews & More!

since the code for dish network remote are not listed

Don't buy tv's from guys in alleys..lol

Ok then go on ebay and find a remote for that tv, or go tp walmart and buy a remote for it..

If the dish guide doesn't have it then find other means.. SIMPLE
you are a real smart guy, i don't think he bought it in a alley. i think you are a rude a$$.

Even with the original remote you'll still be stuck with two remotes.

Buy a Harmony One or 880 and be done with it.

The Dish remote *does* do a code search. I couldn't get it to operate my Sony AV receiver using the codes in the manual. So I let the remote do a search and VOILA! ... working.

Might be worth a try.

ALSO... apparently Polaroid is handled by codes from (several) other manufacturers.
Check out this thread from over at Remote Central (a great place for information about remotes, by the way...)
RC Forums: Polaroid TV Codes Emulate Which Other mfg?
Looks like Toshiba, Mitsubishi, LG... all over teh place. My personal opinion upon reading that thread is that the remote's search function might be your best friend.

Well I have come to these forums after posting in a couple others that I am more familiar with. I heard that this was a great community to check out for this type of stuff. Anyways here is my question:

I recently purchased a Polaroid 19" LCD Television - TLA-01911C (link on bottom) without a remote, but at a discounted price. I figured that this would be no problem, I could just go home and program it to my brand new HDTV receiver that I had just installed earlier that week.

When I arrived home everything worked fine except one thing, I noticed there were no remote codes for my brand of TV in my Dish manual. So I started to go online and search for other people with the same problem. I have tried so many codes that I found online, I even tried just putting in other brands in hope that it would work. I have also run through the auto search, where you pretty much just cycle through every code the remote supports and try to find one that works. Obviously that didn't do any good either. So now I am really stuck in a spot, I can't really return the TV, and I am stuck in a contract with Dish Network.

So what should I do in this situation? Please help!

Amazon.com: Polaroid 19" LCD Television - TLA-01911C: Electronics

I have the same TV. I have not found a way to operate it with the Dish remote, only the TV remote. That could mean that getting a universal may not work either.

This is off topic, but why upgrade to HD with only a 19" TV? SD PQ on a 19" tube TV is pretty good and a 19" doesn't do HD justice and in fact makes some of it too small! IMO, unless you're going 32" or bigger, you might as well stick with SD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts