Just got the $10/month Platinum charge removed...

I had the $10 charge removed via an online chat with no problem whatsoever. It took only 2 minutes...

Same experience I had. After reading the OP's post plus the trouble I had a few months ago with a couple cellular providers, I thought I was in for a ride. The whole thing went through fine though.

I just tried the same thing and same argument and my CSR wouldnt budge one bit. I was not happy. says if i remove the package i could not get the channels back at all, short of removing my entire HD package and possibly adding it back i might get them he says. Wow i cant believe it.

I just tried the same thing and same argument and my CSR wouldnt budge one bit. I was not happy. says if i remove the package i could not get the channels back at all, short of removing my entire HD package and possibly adding it back i might get them he says. Wow i cant believe it.

That's basically the same wall I hit when I tried.

It's terrible that some CSRs don't have a clue. I was afraid I was going to get the same thing on the phone, so I just went the online chat route and it was quick and painless. The CSR there knew what I was referring to and said I would save $10. I went online to check the day after he did what he needed to do and sure enough - I no longer have the HD Gold and HD Platinum at $10 each, but now HR & Platinum at $10. Very quick and painless for a change.

If you go to your account online and do excatly what he said by removing all HD and then adding it back you will get platinum for free.

I had the $10 charge removed via an online chat with no problem whatsoever. It took only 2 minutes...

This worked for me, also. But my channels turned RED on the guide! Went back to the online chat and a second CSR gave me the Platinum package for free. He specifically said I would only be charged for the Gold package. The channels are back, whew!

Just did the presto side change online by myself and still have the $3 credit

That's real nice of dish. Sure you can keep paying the extra $10 for platinum if you want but feel free to go online and swap to the new combo and save your $10

how wonderful. I guess it's 2 hard for dish to just switch everyone automatically, they'd rather keep robbing the uninformed out of their $10

WOW ! I had previously tried the remove and back trick at DN.com and I removed platinum and when I got home I had lost HD Net movies and Universal HD and was bummed.:mad:I just did a chat on Dishnetwork.com and got platinum back for free. The CSR did it in 3 minutes with out any hesitation. Thumbs up for this one.;)

BB468

I just did it and it worked great. I had the DVR package and gold hd. I went to "change programming" under my account. Turned off gold hd, went 1 page forward (i think it was review order), then 1 page back, gold hd was gone, I selected platinum, paged forward again. Same exact price as before with the platinum added. Channels showed up in about 1 minute.

Thanks a lot to everyone who posted how to do this.

Worked Great!!

Worked Great for me...see below!!!

(03) Mike U.: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Mike U.: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Mike U.: For account security purposes, could you please verify the name and address on the account?
Andrew Marshall: Andrew Marshall,
(03) Mike U.: Thank you for verifying, Mr. Marshall.
(03) Mike U.: I have made the changes on your account and added Platinum HD with your Addon HD package.
(03) Mike U.: You are all set. Have I handled everything to your satisfaction?
Andrew Marshall: So I will not have a separate charge for the Platinum package anymore?
(03) Mike U.: Yes, that is correct.
Andrew Marshall: Thanks Mike, that was truly painless...thanks again!
(03) Mike U.: You're very welcome.
(03) Mike U.: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
(03) Mike U.: Take care.
(03) Mike U.: Bye!

Just called and talked to Mike 082, and it was taken care of in less than 2 minutes.

I mentioned Satellite Guys and got no problems at all.

:)

I wanted to add multi-sports for college football season and so I went ahead and did the remove/back button maneuver as well.

Worked like a charm.

okay, before I go to DN.com, what do I need to ask DN to take off? I have everything (and then some) but I do still have the platinum package. Thanks!

I just called about the $10 Platinum charge. The CSR said the Gold-Platinum combined is for new customers only. When I reminded her that I have had AEP for eight years, she said she could remove the charge for 5 months.

I asked to speak to her supervisor. After two minutes on hold, she came back and said her supervisor authorized removing the Platinum charge permanently. She also offered me three months free HBO and Showtime, even though I already have those packages.

I couldn't haggle my way into my own surprise birthday party ...

With that being said ... no wonder dish is losing money!

Your question was "I don't want to be charged for Platinum".

They they come back with no charge for Platinum and free HBO/Showtime? This makes no sense to me.

Now after you had been given Platinum at no charge and continued to complain ... "this is so frustrating ... can't believe I had to ask for a supervisor ... I missed a hair appointment over this ... bla bla bla ..." ... then if they want to come back and say "We're so sorry ... how about HBO free for 3 months ..." that would seem reasonable I would think ...

Dish must be so afraid of losing customers, I guess they would sooner get some money than no money ...

I couldn't haggle my way into my own surprise birthday party ...

With that being said ... no wonder dish is losing money!

Your question was "I don't want to be charged for Platinum".

They they come back with no charge for Platinum and free HBO/Showtime? This makes no sense to me.

Now after you had been given Platinum at no charge and continued to complain ... "this is so frustrating ... can't believe I had to ask for a supervisor ... I missed a hair appointment over this ... bla bla bla ..." ... then if they want to come back and say "We're so sorry ... how about HBO free for 3 months ..." that would seem reasonable I would think ...

Dish must be so afraid of losing customers, I guess they would sooner get some money than no money ...

Whatever it was you were trying to say, I hope you feel better.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts