Just got the $10/month Platinum charge removed...

If memory serves me right, they email you a copy of your chat after it is terminated.

I usually just select the text of the chat [CTRL-A, CTRL-C] and paste it into a Word document.

I've done three or four and that's never happened.

Actually I dont believe they email it to you, but you can email it to yourself! When you are in the chat window, there is a printer icon on the bottom right that you can click on to either print out the convo, or put in your email address and you will get a copy of the convo sent to your email. Hope it helps!

Well,I tried this and my bill went UP $10 per month. They told me it is because I had the dvr bundle,and now all fees are seperate! I was on the phone for over an hour,trying to get this straightened out.My phones battery went dead before I found out what the outcome was! I informed them I am not under contract,and would leave dish if I have to.

confused

Im really confused on all of this.....I have the Americas everything package with the gold hd and the platinum hd.....now.....when looking at the dish website.....the gold hd package does not list the platinum hd channels in them.....so are they in there or not?.....and if I do the online change I remove the hd all together?...then press review and order and then use the back button?.....then what do i do?....after that it will show the hd with the platinum?....and then hit review and order and then confirm?......this is one big mess....DISH should just take off the 10 bucks for everyone.....

I added the multi sports package yesterday for NFL RZC. This morning I see the following activity. It looks like I know have the HD & Platinum fee. Am I correct?

* COUNTY TAX
* $0.10

* STATE TAXES
* $0.20

* 09/13
* 09/13
* GOLDHD 09/13 TO 10/22
* -$13.22

* 09/13
* 09/13
* MULTI SPORT 09/13 TO 10/22
* $7.92

* 09/13
* 09/13
* PLATINUMHD 09/13 TO 10/22
* -$13.22

* 09/13
* 09/13
* TRANSACTION FEE
* $5.00

* 09/13
* 09/13
* HD & PLATINUM 09/13 TO 10/22
* $13.22

and if I do the online change I remove the hd all together?...then press review and order and then use the back button?.....then what do i do?....after that it will show the hd with the platinum?....and then hit review and order and then confirm?

You don't use the back button on your browser. After you remove your HD package altogether, click the review button on the web page. Then it should, unless they've changed it, bring up a new page that shows the "HD + Platinum" package instead of the old options. Select that, then confirm your order. Do NOT confirm your order after deleting the old HD package, or you'll have to pay the downgrade fee (and I'm not sure what your receiver would do with your HD timers when the channels got deleted.) If for some reason you don't see the new package listed as an option, either cancel the changes or just close your browser.

I had already planned to drop the Platinum HD for the $10/mon since channels not worth it except universal HD during Olympics. So I went to online CSR to request a removal. He immediately replied that I could keep channels for FREE. Ok then! Easy.
I agree it would have been NICER for Dish to just send note to everyone with Gold+ & Platinum that we are cutting $10 from bill & including channels in package.

Select "No HD". Then click the Verify/Confirm button at the bottom. It will show just your Classic Gold 250 with no HD. From there, click the "BACK" button at the bottom. You will then be presented with the option of "Gold HD & Platinum" for $10/month. Select that and then verify/confirm, go to the next screen and click "Order Now."

Just did this method, worked perfectly, now I cant wait for my next bill to confirm the changes

Sorry for the dumb question but I'm new to HD.

As there a $10 fee for gold and another $10 fee for platinum?

And now people are getting gold and platinum for $10.

I got HD installed yesterday with no HD programming.

I look at the Dish's website and it lists HD gold add on to my 250 package for $10.

When I went into my actual account it listed platinum for $10. But not gold. Does platinum include gold too?

I'm not sure the difference between gold and platinum. Any help?

Last edited:
Sorry for the dumb question but I'm new to HD.

As there a $10 fee for gold and another $10 fee for platinum?

Yes. Platinum is a package that is an add-on to bronze, silver or gold HD packs. At least this is the way it used to be. This entire thread is about the copmpletely confusing and still unintelligible packaging. Platinum is in a free mode right now and available at no extra charger to the other HD packages.

And now people are getting gold and platinum for $10.
Like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie-roll tootsie pop, the world may never know.

I'm not sure the difference between gold and platinum. Any help?
The gold package includes all the HD channels that have SD counterparts in the "classic gold" or AT250 package plus Palladia, Discovery HD Theater (not to be confused with Discovery HD) & HD Net.

Platinum contains:
HD Net Movies (Not to be confused with HD Net)
MavTV
Fashion TV
MGM HD
Logo (not) HD
Crime & Investigation (every program on this channel is available on A&E/Bio/History/History Int)
BET J (not) HD
Universal HD -- the channel that inserts commercials in the middle of sentences on the TV show

See ya
Tony

Actually Tony that helped me at least. I got Gold and Platinum for $10, not $20 as some people who got in early had to pay/are paying.

Just did this method, worked perfectly, now I cant wait for my next bill to confirm the changes

Ugh, a quick update on this. I came home last night to learn my HD channels were missing...I called dish and the guys said, oh, it looks here like you are on the silver 200 plan. I reply, no that is wrong. I then tell him to do the gold 250 HD, he says he can. I then run through my bill with him and he says that I will have a $5 downgrade charge. It then took 10 minutes to explain, no, I did not downgrade anything. Instead i simply removed a charge I should not be charged for. He tells me no, because you downgraded to the silver 200.

I then calmly ask, seriously sir, do you think I would really downgrade from the gold HD to silver no HD, only to call you 10 hours later to put it back to gold HD. It took a few minutes for it to click with the rep, but he finally told me that he will remove the $5 charge just this once...

Funny how they try to get you, but at least it is fixed and he confirmed my new bill total at less than 100 bucks, so I am happy again and I have my HD.

Holy Crap that is so stupid but yet so easy at the same time. Why does dish make it this way?

because they arent stupid. a company is never goign to tell you they are over charging you, but they are super quick to take your money. Just think of all the people out there with dish that dont know about this. The only reason I found out was because I accidentally saw the thread about it, otherwise I would simply be another victim over paying every month. Now, i am $10 richer each month.

Yep, I did this just the other day because my three months of free Platinum were about to expire. According to the recent activity, best I can tell I'm saving $10 from now on.

Interesting, there is no mention anywhere on Dish's website of the platinum channels that I can find. The only "Platinum" their own search can find is the top speed of WildBlue Internet, the silver colored remote controls, and an Israeli program package.

Interesting, there is no mention anywhere on Dish's website of the platinum channels that I can find. The only "Platinum" their own search can find is the top speed of WildBlue Internet, the silver colored remote controls, and an Israeli program package.

That's what I was saying.

When I used the website to start my HD package, I choose Gold as that was the only option.

When it took me into my actual account (where you can check and uncheck packages) it said Platinum for $10.

I looked for Gold but it wasn't an option.

Ok, so I'm confused about this whole platinum thing even after reading this thread.

I have a 622 and a 311. My bill looks like this:

Classic Silver 200 With DVR 57.99
Classic Gold 250 10.00
GoldHD 10.00
PlatinumHD 10.00
Leased Receiver 5.00

Should I be calling to remove the PlatinumHD fee? Anything else I should have them remove? Obviously I don't want to loose any of the channels I have now.

TIA!

greetings,
i have read through this thread and have this question.

if i request the free Platinum, will my bill change?
loose the $3 credit for DVR?
or add some other additional charge?

this is my current bill.

Classic Silver 200 With DVR $57.99
SilverHD $10.00

DVR Credit Package-Credit Adjustment $-3.00
State and Local Taxes $ 4.70

Total $69.69

thank you
bruce

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)