Just got this email

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
We are pleased to announce that DIY Network (Channel 111) is now included in your programming package. DIY Network, from the makers of HGTV and Food Network, is the go-to destination for rip-up, knock-out home improvement television that covers a broad range of categories for do-it-yourself enthusiasts. Please enjoy this channel as an added benefit and we appreciate your loyalty as a DISH customer.

I have AT200.

We are pleased to announce that DIY Network (Channel 111) is now included in your programming package. DIY Network, from the makers of HGTV and Food Network, is the go-to destination for rip-up, knock-out home improvement television that covers a broad range of categories for do-it-yourself enthusiasts. Please enjoy this channel as an added benefit and we appreciate your loyalty as a DISH customer.

I have AT200.
YES!!!!! DIY... what HGTV used to be before we destroyed it.

Come on Cooking Channel!

Of course, begs the question, other than the Encore channels, what is left in 250? It seems 250 has largely migrated to 200.

Where cooking channel in this? It was same contract...
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Same contract doesn't mean same tier. I'm hoping for Cooking Channel, but if it was included, you'd think they'd announced them together. If I see another episode of Chopped while flipping channels...

Same contract doesn't mean same tier. I'm hoping for Cooking Channel, but if it was included, you'd think they'd announced them together. If I see another episode of Chopped while flipping channels...

According to the Dish Press Release, Cooking is supposed to be in Top 200 as well. I am surprised that it wasn't mentioned in that e-mail as well, unless the Cooking Channel is going to be moved later. Jan. 1st makes sense as a date to adjust programming packages.

http://about.dish.com/press-release...teractive-ott-portfolio-expands-programming-a

"Moreover, the agreement widens exposure of Scripps Networks programming to a larger swath of DISH’s traditional viewer base by opening DIY Network and Cooking Channel to the popular “America’s Top 200” programming package."

How did WE destroy it?
SatGuys has far reaching influence! :D

According to the Dish Press Release, Cooking is supposed to be in Top 200 as well. I am surprised that it wasn't mentioned in that e-mail as well, unless the Cooking Channel is going to be moved later. Jan. 1st makes sense as a date to adjust programming packages.

http://about.dish.com/press-release...teractive-ott-portfolio-expands-programming-a

"Moreover, the agreement widens exposure of Scripps Networks programming to a larger swath of DISH’s traditional viewer base by opening DIY Network and Cooking Channel to the popular “America’s Top 200” programming package."
Oh my glob! That is lumpin' awesome! Actually I thought I had read that before. Well, hopefully it is coming soon. Actual Cooking programs in a weird HD lighting scheme.

Good news for sure, my daughter loves DIY and hopefully soon cooking will move to as we also enjoyed that channel. Two channels that I missed when we dropped down to 200

Last edited:
This is GREAT news!! The only two channels in AT250 that I cared about were DIY and NBC sports. NBCSP dropped down to AT200 about a year ago and I was hoping DIY would drop down someday. I guess today's the day!!

I want to know what will be left in top 250, if they keep moving all these channels to top 200? I know the Encore channels don't interest me at all because they are all SD-unless you take Starz then you get that one Encore channel in hd. Seems like they could just spin off the remaining channels into their own mini packs and offer them ala cart.

I want to know what will be left in top 250, if they keep moving all these channels to top 200? I know the Encore channels don't interest me at all because they are all SD-unless you take Starz then you get that one Encore channel in hd. Seems like they could just spin off the remaining channels into their own mini packs and offer them ala cart.
250 includes Encore HD without needing Starz.

Ok. But if you don't have top 250 and you sub to Starz , you get Encore HD ,right? I have Encore Hd right now ,because I got 3 months of Starz free.
I think so.

I agree with the overall point about 200 vs 250. I will likely drop back to 200.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts