Just got this email

Maybe they are waiting for the price increases before they add military history, smithsonian, cbs on demand, and move cooking to the 200 pack

I had sent an email on behalf of my father to dish asking about military history about a week ago. I just had someone call me from dish corporate who said that he would put in my request for the channel. I asked why it was mentioned in the press release that it was part of the new agreement. He put me on hold and then came back and said that dish is waiting to see where they want to place the channel in the guide. This guy was supposedly from dish corporate and didnt even know that it was mentioned in the press release? I even copied and pasted the press release with that part highlighted in my email.

I had sent an email on behalf of my father to dish asking about military history about a week ago. I just had someone call me from dish corporate who said that he would put in my request for the channel. I asked why it was mentioned in the press release that it was part of the new agreement. He put me on hold and then came back and said that dish is waiting to see where they want to place the channel in the guide. This guy was supposedly from dish corporate and didnt even know that it was mentioned in the press release? I even copied and pasted the press release with that part highlighted in my email.
Thats not uncommon. The folks that would call you from an email, is something similar to a CSR. They are going to be dealing with complaints, or disputes, or anything like that, but are not going to be the ones that actually have anything to do with the decisions being made. They get service update notes just like the rest of employees, and that is what they have to go off of. We use to call their department the blackhole. It is where one goes to work, to stay.

Uh, I DO, but you DO realize not everyone has a DVR...just like NOT everyone has HD - that's basically the point I was trying to make all along; it's NOT all about me or you... ;)

It's not? Damn, now you tell me. :sorrow
I know it's possible, but how many people have the AT250 package and don't have even a SD DVR? Dish has been giving dvr's with new accounts for years now. Friends of mine have the AT250 package and have a grandfathered fee-less 2 tv dvr.

I know it's possible, but how many people have the AT250 package and don't have even a SD DVR?

Plenty, actually...as well as, again...many folks that do have DVR's, ALSO have non-DVR &/or non-HD receivers, in the SAME household - sorry to shock you, but they're out there...

Dish has been giving dvr's with new accounts for years now.

Yea, but you (also) DO realize the monthly DVR service is NOT free...& many people are NOT willing to spend another $7+ a month for it - again, I know it absolutely unbelievable that subs like that actually exist...but they DO!

Plenty, actually...as well as, again...many folks that do have DVR's, ALSO have non-DVR &/or non-HD receivers, in the SAME household - sorry to shock you, but they're out there...

Yea, but you (also) DO realize the monthly DVR service is NOT free...& many people are NOT willing to spend another $7+ a month for it - again, I know it absolutely unbelievable that subs like that actually exist...but they DO!

My parents are ones that won't spend another $7.00 a month for their tv in the bedroom. Instead they are using a audio/video sender to see tv 2 in SD over their hd tv in the bedroom. I tried to get my mom and dad to upgrade to the hopper, I would pay to upgrade them through dishdepot.com by trading in the 722k in for it. They said NO way I'm paying another $5.00 a month for the dvr fee! The tv is all they do now in their 70s. They don't go anywhere or watch movies at the theater ,just ota and sat tv. You would think that they would pay an extra $5.00 a month to get all the locals recorded nightly ,so they wouldn't have to maintain all the timers etc. But Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!:imshocked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)