Just got this email

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just got this email too. But I've been getting DIY on my AT200 package for a couple weeks now.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I want to know what will be left in top 250, if they keep moving all these channels to top 200?
i believe the channels left are fxm, destination america, American heroes, bein, outdoor, sportsman, the encores, bloomberg, boomerang, chiller, drive in, fusion, hallmark movies, gac, nicktoons, rural, tmc west, tmc xtra west, blaze, vh1 classic, z living, cooking, and nat geo wild

Reactions: TheKrell
They should rename the packs. 120 renamed 200. 200 renamed 250. 250 renamed 300.
Problem with that is if a takedown occurs, then it would be false advertising. Plus, by offering more channells then advertised, its a marketing gold mine to say "We charge you for 120 channels, but you get 160"

They should rename the packs. 120 renamed 200. 200 renamed 250. 250 renamed 300.
Would there really be enough to make a third programming pack ? My point before was with all the channels moving to top 200 , they could just spin off the rest of them into mini packs ala cart or include them in AEP for the same price. I don't see there really being enough to justify a third programming pack anymore.

In comparing the Directv and Dish packages it seemed to me like Directv has a lot of channels in a lower package than what Dish does, that I could get away with a cheaper package with Directv easier than I could with Dish. Over time I have seen Dish bring more of those channels into the AT200/120 package improving upon things. With the way the price increases keep coming they should give us the AT250 for the price of AT200.

I enjoy DIY and am glad to see this as we may be dropping down to AT200 after a year when the credits are gone. I still think the Encore thematic channels along with some of the other ones do make it worth getting AT250 for many people.

I wish they would add military history as the press release stated back in august. My father would love to have that channel. He always has that type of programming or cooking shows on when we stop by for a visit.

I wish they would add military history as the press release stated back in august. My father would love to have that channel. He always has that type of programming or cooking shows on when we stop by for a visit.
Dish said they were adding the Military History Channel?

Dish said they were adding the Military History Channel?

http://about.dish.com/press-release/programming/dish-and-ae-networks-agree-multi-year-renewal

From the press release on Aug 5th, it says that the contract provides Dish customers access to A&E's entire portfolio, and Military History is listed. "The renewal applies to the entire suite of A+E Networks’ channels, among the top brands in the media landscape, including: A&E®, Lifetime®, HISTORY®, LMN®, FYI™, H2®, HISTORY en Español™, Crime + Investigation™ and Military HISTORY®."

http://about.dish.com/press-release/programming/dish-and-ae-networks-agree-multi-year-renewal

From the press release on Aug 5th, it says that the contract provides Dish customers access to A&E's entire portfolio, and Military History is listed. "The renewal applies to the entire suite of A+E Networks’ channels, among the top brands in the media landscape, including: A&E®, Lifetime®, HISTORY®, LMN®, FYI™, H2®, HISTORY en Español™, Crime + Investigation™ and Military HISTORY®."
thanks. Beat me to it

True, but you only get the HD feed of Encore E (340) & not it's SD channel; not a big deal to HD subs obviously, unless they might have any SD-only receivers in their house.
You get Encore West SD, all the same content.

Nice. Except that was a August announcement. What gives?

I'm well aware of that thank you, but it's still time-shifted by 3 hours; AGAIN, only a problem for a household w/mixed SD & HD receivers... ;)

Don't you just dvr everything anyway? I mean you really don't watch appointment tv do you? How 20th century! :eeek :D

Nice. Except that was a August announcement. What gives?

I wish we knew more information about that... for the Disney contract it took Dish almost 2 months to launch Longhorn Network. And it took 8 months to make ESPN Classic the on demand channel only. I really thought that once Jan 1st occurred we would have seen a larger uplink or e-mails sent out saying channels changed packages.

I wish we knew more information about that... for the Disney contract it took Dish almost 2 months to launch Longhorn Network. And it took 8 months to make ESPN Classic the on demand channel only. I really thought that once Jan 1st occurred we would have seen a larger uplink or e-mails sent out saying channels changed packages.
The Longhorn Channel was signed on March 3, 2014 and came on line with Dish on March 28, 2014. A total of 25 days. ESPN Classic began to go VOD only, starting with DISH, on October 1, 2014. This was an ESPN decision

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts