Just had DTV installed. Really liking it!

Mike1096

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2018
Chicago
Just got installed today. HS 17 with (1) 4K client and (1) wireless genie. Did the streaming game for last 3 years. Tried every single live tv streaming service available. All were missing something. Either channels or features. So nice not having to rely on my internet for TV. Also love having a real DVR. NFLST free this season along with NBA pass sure help too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed! I dropped DISH, tried several streaming things too, wasn't satisfied. DIRECTV is much better than it was when I had it several years ago. DISH has gone downhill with the dropping of channels especially. The only negative I have so far is DISH's DVR is better with its longer storage. I do think it's weird that there's no HBO MAX app on DirecTV

Agreed! I dropped DISH, tried several streaming things too, wasn't satisfied. DIRECTV is much better than it was when I had it several years ago. DISH has gone downhill with the dropping of channels especially. The only negative I have so far is DISH's DVR is better with its longer storage. I do think it's weird that there's no HBO MAX app on DirecTV

Yeah. I was thinking that also about HBO MAX. That’s ok though. DirecTV checks all the boxes. Picture quality is fantastic too

Reactions: dtv757
I am paying for about 275 channels and only watch about 38 of them, if that much. Plus I get a lot of extra content from Amazon Prime, Hulu, Roku Channel, Locast, Pluto app., etc. How much longer can the DirecTV business model last? People are canceling left and right and I am getting tired of paying for channels that I don't ever watch.

Most of those streaming things don't have sports , 4K sports, or require reliable internet (from a reliable ISP) .

I see complaints all the time , my streaming doesn't have ballys sports net ...

Until they bring fiber to my house , I love my DirecTV service.

U also gotta consider rual areas . Those areas may not have high speed broadband .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Most of those streaming things don't have sports , 4K sports, or require reliable internet (from a reliable ISP) .

I see complaints all the time , my streaming doesn't have ballys sports net ...

Until they bring fiber to my house , I love my DirecTV service.

U also gotta consider rual areas . Those areas may not have high speed broadband .

Rural areas don’t make up the majority of the paying population. Catering to the minority is not a successful business model The truth is they don’t have to consider the rural areas

I been with DTV 12 years I have the high speed internet now . I just check out streaming tv but I stay with DTV. WOW has pissed a lot of people’s off their internet has been down for 5 days thank goodness I’m don’t have their service. I believe satellites tv will come back and start gaining customers.

Reactions: dtv757 and Mike1096
I was watching Masters today (certain holes) in 4K. Amazing! Also, the CBS feed of the Masters on my DirecTV is far sharper than any streaming service I had. Including ATT TV.

Rural areas don’t make up the majority of the paying population. Catering to the minority is not a successful business model The truth is they don’t have to consider the rural areas
Even non rual areas see the post below yours where they uses said they had WOW which I believe is a docsis cable provider.

Losts of folks including my self habe unreliable horific docsis and no other choice for broadband

So untill everyone has FTTH I still see directv around. They may get slimmer (customer wise) but I see them around 10 or more more years.

Reactions: Mike1096
Even non rual areas see the post below yours where they uses said they had WOW which I believe is a docsis cable provider.

Losts of folks including my self habe unreliable horific docsis and no other choice for broadband

So untill everyone has FTTH I still see directv around. They may get slimmer (customer wise) but I see them around 10 or more more years.

You need to get over the whole Docsis thing because everyone is never going to have FTTH. Docsis 4.0 is going to push symmetrical speeds here in the next few years There is also plenty of horrible FTTH providers. As pointed out to you on another forum your issues could probably be fixed by getting on your provider

I thought all the dtv fan boys bailed when att bought directv....ohh they " think" att sold it...wont they be surprised when thay figure out att still owns it

No fan boy. Just enjoying it. I get all the channels I like, real DVR, no extensive delays with sporting events, NFLST Max free this upcoming season. NBA free this season. Picture quality is outstanding. HD to me is better than any of the live tv streaming services. I’ve had every live streaming service. In 2 years if they lose the ticket, then I’ll consider bailing.

No fan boy. Just enjoying it. I get all the channels I like, real DVR, no extensive delays with sporting events, NFLST Max free this upcoming season. NBA free this season. Picture quality is outstanding. HD to me is better than any of the live tv streaming services. I’ve had every live streaming service. In 2 years if they lose the ticket, then I’ll consider bailing.

Oh yes...sports is a huge difference..can be blocky on streaming if you dont have enough bandwidth

Reactions: Mike1096 and dtv757
Oh yes...sports is a huge difference..can be blocky on streaming if you dont have enough bandwidth
I tried watching NBA on a cable provider it was unwatchable . Microblocks everywhere and players faces were blurry

Reactions: Mike1096
Without question sports are much better on DTV, compared with any of the streaming services. I suffered through the NFL last season cycling through all of the live tv streaming services.

Without question sports are much better on DTV, compared with any of the streaming services. I suffered through the NFL last season cycling through all of the live tv streaming services.

Eh. Really haven’t seen an issue with sports on ATT TV

I had very few problems with DTV. I may not watch all the channels I get but at least i have all the channels in one package. I may pay more for DTV but it worth it. Streaming service prices are going up also Internet provider will put cap on how much usages you can use then they charge you extra when you go over which is expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)