Temporary RV Setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Michael Bauker

Original poster
Mar 29, 2021
California
What’s the cheapest setup for an RV I’ll be renting for two weeks. There are two TV’s and I don’t know how the wiring in the camper is set up. One RV is inside and the other outside.

What’s the cheapest setup for an RV I’ll be renting for two weeks. There are two TV’s and I don’t know how the wiring in the camper is set up. One RV is inside and the other outside.
:welcome to Satelliteguys Michael Bauker!
We have several RV owners here, I'm sure one will post soon enough.

SWM dish/Coax/ HR24

I've done this several times when renting one in a designated park we were staying at.

I've always brought my own equipment with me ... already working recvr from home, extra dish and coax.

In your case, if you use the SWM set up and 2 recvrs , you'll want the Power Inserter to power the LNB (Non SWM set up, doesn't require the PI.
Also a splitter for the 2 recvrs.

SWM dish/Coax/ HR24

I've done this several times when renting one in a designated park we were staying at.

I've always brought my own equipment with me ... already working recvr from home, extra dish and coax.

In your case, if you use the SWM set up and 2 recvrs , you'll want the Power Inserter to power the LNB (Non SWM set up, doesn't require the PI.
SWM dish/Coax/ HR24

I don’t have sat at home. I’m doing this all from scratch.

SWM dish/Coax/ HR24

Don't forget non-SWM setups require a B-Band Converter.

Welcome friend...

I know you said cheapest. This is probably easiest. Also, no contract. You can look locally for used gear to save money. I have used both the winegard pathway x2 and a tailgater.

Cheapest over all: get a dish locally. new wally receiver is $50. Activate. ( I see dish DPP on ebay for $75 and $50 wally another $48 to activate 30 days service)

Last week a tailgater gen 1 and vip211k closed on ebay for $99. Smoking deal. TV in your tent for less than $100. Anyway keep an eye on ebay if you have the time before trip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts