RV Setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Back in the day it was SOP to buy DTV receivers on ebay. Then DTV put an end to that by leasing all receivers. I see a bunch of H24's on ebay, any problem activating these?

I've bought many H20s off eBay and activated them without problems - because I've got a commercial account. I expect the H24s on eBay are sold to commercial accounts, people who want them for parts, or people who don't know they can't be activated on their account.

At this point I don't understand why Directv doesn't just let people buy the out of date HD stuff and activate it. Just tell them when they call to activate that they still pay the monthly per TV fee and Directv won't warranty/support it so they're on their own. People can get what they want and Directv has to build/support fewer devices. Seems like a win for everyone.

They might want them to buy a new card - though I've always activated eBay acquired H20s using the existing cards when they came with one, or some random card I pulled out of a dead one otherwise, so I know that's not really a requirement for them either!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts