just installed new questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

i4tas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Northern USA
how do i force my hr24 to download the full 9 day EPG guide?

I have no Ethernet or Phone in my house, but with the remote I am able to purchase PPV and watch instantly, haven't watch more than 5 minutes yet, read somewhere that it will eventually ask you to call a phone number to buy it... can someone tell me more about this? is this a nice way to free preview 20 minutes of a movie?

Anyone ever successfully get the free previews of hbo, starz, shoetime, encore and others removed from the 3 month free trial and then got the 3 free months later down the road? I don't need all these movies right now.

NFL ticket question. The 49er Packer game was on my OTA sunday, I missed the first quarter because of redskins game going long. Would nfl ticket have prevented this problem? Am I forced to watch my OTA FOX for that specific game or can I watch it via the ticket channel?

I have a 99, 101, 103 setup. Can I use old lnb's and add 110/119 to the multiswitch?

The DVR's have a 14 day guide, it takes time to populate, you'll have the first 3 days right away.

I have no Ethernet or Phone in my house, but with the remote I am able to purchase PPV and watch instantly, haven't watch more than 5 minutes yet, read somewhere that it will eventually ask you to call a phone number to buy it... can someone tell me more about this? is this a nice way to free preview 20 minutes of a movie?
It should ask you to buy after 2-5 minutes.

Anyone ever successfully get the free previews of hbo, starz, shoetime, encore and others removed from the 3 month free trial and then got the 3 free months later down the road? I don't need all these movies right now.
Yes, you can call in and have them turn them off right away if you want... they will periodically offer movie channels to you.

NFL ticket question. The 49er Packer game was on my OTA sunday, I missed the first quarter because of redskins game going long. Would nfl ticket have prevented this problem? Am I forced to watch my OTA FOX for that specific game or can I watch it via the ticket channel?
The START of each game should be seen in full with the ST, that said, it didn't happen that way the 1st week... I'm thinking this was a Network issue, but can't verify that for sure

I have a 99, 101, 103 setup. Can I use old lnb's and add 110/119 to the multiswitch?
Not much on the 110 and 119, actually Nothing on the 110 and a little on the 119, mostly a few music and Spanish channels.

Depending on which market you are in, your local sd channels may be on the 119 satellite. If Directv installed your system, they would have used the 5 lnb if your locals were on 119. Like Jimbo said, there isn't much there.

I'd like to have 110 connected for personal usage to look at via TSREADER, does the multiswitch pass all transponders / frequencies or just a select few?

It will do it on its own. It may take upwards of 24 hours to populate. If you're bound and determined to start the process over (and reset the clock on how long it will take), you can reset the receiver twice within a few minutes and the guide will begin (again) to reload.
Unless you have more than 8 tuners, there isn't a flexible multiswitch in your system. You CANNOT use a tuner card (or even an external multiswitch) with an SWiM LNB. You'll need an entirely different setup for a tuner card.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts