Just moved to FL and need BHN

kfckrew

Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Just moved to FL and my home is non-Serviceable Dwelling with Brighthouse. I checked my neighbors address (2 houses down from mine) and he is serviceable (and you can see that the cable line stops at his home on the Power pole).

Does anybody know if there's a way I can make Bright House come out and install cable to my home? I need high-Internet service, that why I don't want SAT. DSL is not available in my area or down my street from what I've researched. So cable is my best option. I've researched about SAT internet, but I think it's still too expensive and too slow. Any responds would be helpful.

thanks

okay, i guess for starters, i would need to know why your home is listed as non-servicveable.

bhn will certainly run cable in your home, even if it isn't pre-wired for their service.

as for internet. bhn offers road runner as their primary broadband service but earthlink is also available.

plans start at 29.95 for rr lite, up to 54.95 for rr premium. bhn will supply the modum.

hope this helps....gotta run, more later!

Just moved to FL and my home is non-Serviceable Dwelling with Brighthouse. I checked my neighbors address (2 houses down from mine) and he is serviceable (and you can see that the cable line stops at his home on the Power pole).

Does anybody know if there's a way I can make Bright House come out and install cable to my home? I need high-Internet service, that why I don't want SAT. DSL is not available in my area or down my street from what I've researched. So cable is my best option. I've researched about SAT internet, but I think it's still too expensive and too slow. Any responds would be helpful.

thanks

Hey there! Welcome to the Liquid Sunshine State! :D

What city/town did you move to? That could help alot of us. I can get you some help if your Brevard County. Theres a couple others here that represent other counties/cities.

Need some more information!

Sorry guys,

But i moved to a small city called Wimauma, FL (Right next to Good old Sun City) its a bit out of the city, but i'm at the edge of Hillsborough and Manatee County. my house is non-serviceable because the cable line does not come all the wait to my area.

From the looks of it, for BHN to hook up cable to my home, they would have to run cable from the my neighbor's power pole to my power pole, then run it to my home.

I've conacted BHN via email, but no replys yet???

Thanks

Try calling 2 times and got 2 CSR that didnt know what to do. One time, one went to get a supervisor and had me on hold for 30mins... after holding for 30 mins... lost phone connection, i'm pretty sure he hung up or something.

I also call a local BHN installer, can't remember which company it was, but he said he'll come out and look at my setup but didn't hear back from him after a week or so. I recall seeing a BHN van (within the time i called him) but I'm pretty sure he saw that the cable line didn't come all the way to my power pole so he couldn't do the job.

I think I need BHN go come out with a "cherry-picker truck" or somethingto run a line from my neighbor power pole to my power pole, then they or a local installer can finish running it to my home.

my suggestion and steven or khands jump right in......but i would call back and ask for a supervisor. i know none of us like being put on hold, then forgotten about. myself, i just keep calling back. i have been known to be a pain. but in the process, i've also gotten to know a few supervisors who are always willing to help.

good luck and let us know the outcome please!

Sorry guys,

But i moved to a small city called Wimauma, FL (Right next to Good old Sun City) its a bit out of the city, but i'm at the edge of Hillsborough and Manatee County. my house is non-serviceable because the cable line does not come all the wait to my area.

From the looks of it, for BHN to hook up cable to my home, they would have to run cable from the my neighbor's power pole to my power pole, then run it to my home.

I've conacted BHN via email, but no replys yet???

Thanks

This is actually quite common practice. Does your neighbor have cable?

How far away is your neighbor? Across the street type thing? throw a rock and hit his house? Spit and hit his drive way from yours?

Ok, bad analogies. How many feet from your house to the pole that the cable ends on? Thats really the definitive question.

Well its my second neighbor(dont know if he has cable or not, but his address does register with BHN website and you can see the cable box on the power pole).

Remember its not in city limits, so the lots are going to be a bit larger. There's my house, then one of my neighbors house, then the one with cable. the width of my lot is about 50-60ft, my neighbors about the same so about 120ft total. So from the power pole with cable to my power pole would be like 120ft. Then another 20-30ft to the home from the pole.

I was talking to my brother and he forgot to mention,

My brother lived here before I moved to Fl and he did get an email back from BHN when he contacted them, here's what it said:

Good Afternoon,

My name is ----, Inside Sales Representative for Bright House Networks. I am here to assist you with your inquiry regarding new service.
Per our construction department it will take approximately 90-120 days to make your address serviceable.
We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your inquiry regarding new service.

That was about 2 months ago, so if the email is true, BHN should come out right soon then?????

If anyone knows, does this reply sound correct??? Does BHN do business like this "90 to 120 days"??? Seems a bit long....

Thanks

I was talking to my brother and he forgot to mention,

My brother lived here before I moved to Fl and he did get an email back from BHN when he contacted them, here's what it said:

Good Afternoon,

My name is ----, Inside Sales Representative for Bright House Networks. I am here to assist you with your inquiry regarding new service.
Per our construction department it will take approximately 90-120 days to make your address serviceable.
We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your inquiry regarding new service.

That was about 2 months ago, so if the email is true, BHN should come out right soon then?????

If anyone knows, does this reply sound correct??? Does BHN do business like this "90 to 120 days"??? Seems a bit long....

Thanks

Why not send an e-mail for an update to the person who sent this to your brother.:confused:

BAH! sounds like you got some lazy contractors out there. We constantly, on a daily basis, get drops 300-400 feet! We even have some crossing 3 neighbors driveways!

Good Luck! If you were in my area I would have you setup within a couple of days. Sorry bout that.

Perhaps Khandurian they are trying to run plant their? Instead of a drop. Thats the only way I could see it taking over a week or two.

Perhaps Khandurian they are trying to run plant their? Instead of a drop. Thats the only way I could see it taking over a week or two.

Extend the feeder? It is possible. Specially if there are other neighbors down the road that need service as well.

Hard to say, I am not familiar with that area at all.

Well, my home is pretty much at the end of the road. There are 4 more homes before the end of the road. I will keep you guys updated on what happens, just emailed BHN back and waiting on a respond, they seem to respond back pretty quick.

Got another reply from BHN CSR:

My name is -------, Sales Service Representative for Bright House Networks. I am here to assist you with your inquiry regarding new service.
At this time it is showing that your address: ---- Wimauma, FL 33598 is Non-Serviceable. Per our construction department it will take approximately 90-120 days to make your address serviceable. These notes were last updated 4/6/07. Please check back with us 8/6/07. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

So it seems like BHN will take the whole 120 days to maybe think about hooking up cable to my home. I guess if I do get hooked up, it should be worth the wait.... better than dial-up, Verizon ($60+) phone bill, and SAT (that I'm trying to stay away from).

First, I know exactly nothing about this and am not an insider...

however, I think you need to make a don't-think-about-not-doing-this effort to get hold of someone higher up than a CSR. My impression is that they are well trained...to spout off the company line. You need to get to a decision-maker, not a script reader.

i totally agree and advocated this many posts back. that's the only way he's going to get someone from bhn out to his house before the end of the year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)