Just moved to FL and need BHN

When I first moved in to my house I didn't have feeder on my street, at that time I didn't work for the company and I kept on calling and, they kept on giving me deadlines. So I don't really trust the data they have in the computer.

If you are sure your neighbors tap is within 300 ft of your house I would call customer service and ask for someone to physically come out and do a "can we serve". It's actually very common. See if the csr can have whoever comes out make customer contact so you can actually talk to some one in person.

Update...

Well after numberous calls and a couple of visits to BHN Demo and Payment centers, it seems like BHN is having trouble getting a permit "per their construction team" to get cable in my area. So I guess I will just have to keep on waiting. Any other ideas guys???

One other thing i'm doing is, I telling all my neighbors to call and email BHN so maybe if I can get enough people to call and email in, maybe BHN might work 'Fioster'.... =)

I don't really care for the cable tv part... its nice to have a lot more channels though, but i'm in it for the high speed internet. DSL is not available in my area and the closest thing I have to Higher speed internet is my cell phone as modem. it's pretty quick but you have to hook it up everytime and its no as fast as i want it to be. Anyways thanks and I'm still trying to push them....

BHN installers and experts

It's been a long time and I called customer service again and they said BHN "construction team" is waiting on TECO to approve BHN to use their power pole. Is this just BHN way of saying, we can't do it, but we don't want to say so.

Ok, heres what you need to do. I cannot believe you have not gotten service yet. Call up, tell the person they cannot help you and you want to speak to a supervisor/manager on duty. Don't let them tell you that one is not on duty, thats BULL.

Be persistent. Demand to speak to the supervisor on duty. Once you have gotten the supervisor on the phone, tell them the following:

"Due to the lack of concern on the part of BHN to supply the needed cables to give me the service or services I want and need, I am going down to Sprint Wireless and getting their high speed data access. Their service is guaranteed to work right now. I have been patient for 5 months and I think I have waited long enough"

They do NOT want to hear this. They are NOW going to lose money. Watch how quickly a a crew shows up in your yard. As for needing the TELCO permission to run the feeder, again, BULL. Those techs fill out sheets when they extend feeders with all the pretty little codes that are stamped either into the pole or on a piece of metal nailed to the pole.

This is sad and embarrassing.

Well that depends on the type of poles. If they are merely riser poles they may need special permission although it does not take to long (they usually cant wait to get BHNS money)

Yes it is ridiculous

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)