Just ordered HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.
AM21 is slightly large for the HR24, but is fine underneath it.

Maybe someday we'll see an AM24, but doubtful.

Why are people paying $59 or $69 for AM21? DirecTV sells them for $50 shipped. If you call they may even discount it or give you a credit or something. You can also order online in the equipmnet page on your account. You have to have an HR21 or higher before the order option is there, so if you're upgrading from only HR20's you'll have to activate something else before the option is there.

AM21 is slightly large for the HR24, but is fine underneath it.

Maybe someday we'll see an AM24, but doubtful.

Why are people paying $59 or $69 for AM21? DirecTV sells them for $50 shipped. If you call they may even discount it or give you a credit or something. You can also order online in the equipmnet page on your account. You have to have an HR21 or higher before the order option is there, so if you're upgrading from only HR20's you'll have to activate something else before the option is there.

I called D* and they could not guarantee me a HR24 (which I figured) ... inquired about a AM21 for the HR24 I'll get somewhere, D* would only send me one ($50) IF I already had a H/HR21 or newer....
So thats why I am going to pay 59 for a AM 21.

As for the HR24, Overstock has them cheaper, buy they do not have any listing for the AM21's, I really want to get this all at the same place , so it gets here together.

Will probably end up paying a bit more for it this way, but I cannot force the company to match Overstocks price (they won't already asked) ...

Well tested the 24 all weekend and has been really great, in fact I have not used any of my other 20's much hehe.

Just ordered one from Solid Signal it does say that I won't need my B-band converters anymore is that right?

This depends on what type of set up you are using ....
If you ARE talking about the HR24 that is.

IF your using a HR24.
IF you are doing the SWM Dish set up, then you do not need the BBC's.

However, IF you are NOT using a SWM set up on your HR24, then YES you WILL need the BBC's.

Pro,
The BBC's are NOT built in to the HR24's

Just got mine. Its a beauty! One problem though. I have recordings on my hr21 that we really want to see. If I deactivate the hr21, would I still be able to watch the recordings?

Just got mine. Its a beauty! One problem though. I have recordings on my hr21 that we really want to see. If I deactivate the hr21, would I still be able to watch the recordings?

You should be able to from the HR21, if you connect the external to the HR24 and its the first time it powers on it will automatically format your external

Unless Im missing something, he did not say anything about an EHD??

I thought when you deactivated the DVR, you could not watch recordings. Also, as soon as it's deactivated, D* will auto ship a return box.

I don't have an external drive though. If I can't then I might have to wait before I activate the hr24. Damn!!!!

When setting up a new rcvr, it makes you stop at a screen until you call in and activate, so Id assume they would not allow you to watch recordings on a deactivated rcvr, but I may be wrong.

Let's keep it on the topic of this HR24 Directv receiver please.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)