Just ordered HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Whats the hard drive size? I use eSata on my HR20's and it would be nice to get a new faster unit that has a large enough drive to eliminate the eSata heat/space/power.

Are you saying the HR24 has a 4 TB hd built in and it will share an EHD without shutting off the internal ?

If thats so, now were talking about something worthwhile.

I have yet to hear about that ...

eSATA 2x2TB raid :D

Yeah, I used to big into the externals, but now that I have two HDDVR's, both with 100 hours, I've just not messed with it. The WD 2 TB RAID I had (duplicates 1TB in case a drive fails) was pretty awesome!

elwaylite, so has it arrived yet and your hiding it from us? hehe

Nope, no UPS dude yet.

It wont get connected today because I have shows to watch (will get power this weekend), but Ill take some comparison pics.

:up:up. smith, time to switch out that lnb to an swm lnb ;)

haha, right now I have no need. IF I get a 24 and keep my other two HRs then I will. As of now, it is all working great, and I only have one set of BBCs on the bedroom 20.

I do know one pos. aspect of the BBCs. On the previous lightning strike, the BBCs blew out, and the box was saved. I had spares, put them on, and was back up again.

Nope, no UPS dude yet.

It wont get connected today because I have shows to watch (will get power this weekend), but Ill take some comparison pics.

Damn you are patient! lol Id be all over that bad boy as soon as I got home.

his post says he has a dual 2 TB external drive

"and add my new dual 2TB external drive = 4TB"

gotcha, i misread the quote, thought he was going to add a 2 TB to the existing, making it a 4, thats where i got confused ....

let us know if this works ....

Jimbo, I usually agree with your posts, but this time I gotta ask if this complaining is actually serious? Do you actually think it scrolls fast and does not do other things faster? DBS has diff polls on diff functions.

The OTA tuner issue was beat to death 2 years ago. Even Dish is going away from it. Face it, we are in the minority and they are saving money. Can't really blame a business for making a business decision.

Best rcvr, possibly, Directv has released in years and you find something to complain about? Really?

Go enjoy ESPNUHD, or TravelHD, and take a chill pill. ;)
No, this is thier way ogb making money, monthly, it is a business design i agree, but it probably saves them 10 cents a board and cost us $50 for each TV, now I need 3 AM21's and an addl. $5 p/m.
Whats next, they start charging by the box ?
Add DVR charges for EACH box like DISH ?

Nickel and dimming us again .... Another $ 3 to do MRV ing.
$ 120 for HD access
Then another $ 100 on top of that if we want HD for Football.

$ 13 for 3 movie channels (Cinemax)

Starting to add up yet ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)