Just ordered HR34, have a few questions please

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a little gray box he installed behind my tv. it has 2 ports- "Signal to IRD" and "Power to SWM".
He has my ethernet cable plugged into the cinema connection kit, and the coax coming out of the CCK goes to the "Signal to IRD" input, is that the correct set up? Seems like my network should be able to make a connection now but still nothing.

yup thats right. Sometimes it takes up to 24 hours to get all the VOD but it should make a connection at least

how come? He didnt switch any cables out did they?

damn I havent ever tried to do that. Hopefully someone can chime in about that

no just 1 new run that took us less than 10 minutes. he had to realign the dish better i guess, and he was just really slow

yup thats right. Sometimes it takes up to 24 hours to get all the VOD but it should make a connection at least
yeah it won't even connect. i verified that the ethernet is good by plugging it into my laptop, but when i try to test the network connection thru the HR 34 it says it was not able to connect and i get Result Code 86-811

no just 1 new run that took us less than 10 minutes. he had to realign the dish better i guess, and he was just really slow
hey whatever works ;)

yeah it won't even connect. i verified that the ethernet is good by plugging it into my laptop, but when i try to test the network connection thru the HR 34 it says it was not able to connect and i get Result Code 86-811
try to plug the ethernet into the HR34 directly and try

hey whatever works ;)

try to plug the ethernet into the HR34 directly and try

i just plugged the ethernet directly to the HR34 and it connects, but when i unplugged the Ethernet from the HR34 and plugged it back into the CCK now I get no connection again.

problem with the CCK?

i just plugged the ethernet directly to the HR34 and it connects, but when i unplugged the Ethernet from the HR34 and plugged it back into the CCK now I get no connection again.

problem with the CCK?

What kind of CCK do you have? Do you have the wireless DIRECTV CCK-W Wireless DECA Cinema Connection Kit (CCK-W) from Solid Signal or the wired DIRECTV Cinema Connection Kit (DECABB1R0) from Solid Signal ? If you can hook your HR34 directly to your router by ethernet cable,I'd just do that & disconnect the CCK completely,take it out of the equation. Make sure the "Signal to IRD" port is hooked up directly to your HR34 if your power inserter is in the same room as your HR34. Also,do you have MRV Whole Home DVR set up? Did you get the DECA Adapters for your other HD DVR's?

What kind of CCK do you have? Do you have the wireless DIRECTV CCK-W Wireless DECA Cinema Connection Kit (CCK-W) from Solid Signal or the wired DIRECTV Cinema Connection Kit (DECABB1R0) from Solid Signal ? If you can hook your HR34 directly to your router by ethernet cable,I'd just do that & disconnect the CCK completely,take it out of the equation. Make sure the "Signal to IRD" port is hooked up directly to your HR34 if your power inserter is in the same room as your HR34. Also,do you have MRV Whole Home DVR set up? Did you get the DECA Adapters for your other HD DVR's?

I have the wired one. The multi-room viewing was installed today with the HR34 upgrade. Th HR34 keeps losing 1 of the HD-DVR's and won't display it's playlist. Has happened 3 times already since install

i think i have deca- each dvr has a little dark box that the coax goes to, and it has an ethernet port with an ethernet cable connected to my dvrs. i think that's deca? are deca's for MRV?

I got charged for the cinema connection kit, so i'm going to make the installer come back and fix it since he didn't make sure it worked before he left. he left me his cell phone number but said he is off tomorrow, so i will call him on thursday to come back and fix it.

Last edited:
I have the wired one. The multi-room viewing was installed today with the HR34 upgrade. MRV appears to working ok so far.

i think i have deca- each dvr has a little dark box that the coax goes to, and it has an ethernet port with an ethernet cable connected to my dvrs. i think that's deca? are deca's for MRV?

I got charged for the cinema connection kit, so i'm going to make the installer come back and fix it since he didn't make sure it worked before he left. he left me his cell phone number but said he is off tomorrow, so i will call him on thursday to come back and fix it.

What you can do for now is just disconnect it until he returns,& then he can set it up again. One thing,I wouldn't have the CCK hooked up on the same cable as the power inserter. If you can't get the CCK to work,you really shouldn't need it with the HR34(from what I've been told,I haven't made the jump to HR34 yet. But other HR34 owners will confirm this),just hard wiring the ethernet cable to the HR34 should accomplish the same principle for whole home DVR set-up. Your other DVR's should be connected to the internet through your HR34. Then you could see if you could get a credit for your CCK not working.

What you can do for now is just disconnect it until he returns,& then he can set it up again. One thing,I wouldn't have the CCK hooked up on the same cable as the power inserter. If you can't get the CCK to work,you really shouldn't need it with the HR34(from what I've been told,I haven't made the jump to HR34 yet. But other HR34 owners will confirm this),just hard wiring the ethernet cable to the HR34 should accomplish the same principle for whole home DVR set-up. Your other DVR's should be connected to the internet through your HR34. Then you could see if you could get a credit for your CCK not working.

ok thanks. now eh HR34 is not showing 1 of the other 2 rooms, 3rd time today it has done that already.

Turn off the cck. Plug in the internet to the 34. Reboot everything. Now go to each receiver, HR34 first, and do the reset defaults on the network settings. Then do repeat setup. Give it a few minutes and everything should work.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Turn off the cck. Plug in the internet to the 34. Reboot everything. Now go to each receiver, HR34 first, and do the reset defaults on the network settings. Then do repeat setup. Give it a few minutes and everything should work.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

ok, i'm doing this process now. when you say turn off the cck do you mean just unplug the ethernet from it, or unplug the CCK from the wall? does it matter that the CCK is connected to my "signal to IRD"?

unhook the CCK from the equation. The cable from the CCK to the HR34 hook it directly to the HR34 (bypassing the CCK) completelly

unhook the CCK from the equation. The cable from the CCK to the HR34 hook it directly to the HR34 (bypassing the CCK) completelly

the only coax cable on my CCK runs from the CCK to the "signal to IRD", there is no cable that runs from CCK to HR34

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts