Just ordered my new computer

mperdue

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
McCordsville, Indiana
I just placed an order for a new computer system. I'm replacing my Windows based PC with a new 27" iMac. It should be here in about a week. We'll be retiring the PC computers and selling them all. My wife will get my Mac Mini as her system and I'll get the iMac. I'm looking forward to it.

Mario

Thanks. I'm sure I'll like it. I've been using a Mac Mini for iPad/iPhone development and have had zero problems with it in 2 years.

I just ordered an additional 8GB of memory for my new iMac for $47 from OWC. Never dreamed I would ever have 12GB of memory in my personal computer. That's 96,000 times what my first Mac had (1/8MB) and was not expandable!

I had a 128k thin Mac as well. When I got a Mac Plus with 1 MB I thought I'd never be able to use all that RAM.

You're gonna love that 27" screen. I know I love mine.

If you haven't done it yet, take a look at macupdate.com. If you sign up for a free membership or some such, they will spam you with a bunch of offers a few times a year for software packages at really great prices. Most of it isn't worth having, but there are times. Like Parallels for $9.95 a bit back.

From the tracking info it looks like I'll have my new iMac on Friday. I ordered an additional 8GB on memory for it because I do a fair amount of multitasking and also use 3D and Photo applications a lot. Today I need to finish setting up my new bed. Tomorrow I start on cleaning my cluttered desk and office to make room for the new machine.

I was initially concerned that the 4GB limit on the Air would hold me back, but I have not noticed any differences between this machine and my 8GB pro. Apple does some great memory management in OSX, that is for sure!

My memory upgrade arrived today and the iMac is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. :) Picked up a copy of Parallels and Windows 7 to load on it when I get it set up.

I don't have an ergonomic keyboard, but I have a Macally USB keyboard that is decent. They have a bluetooth one too. I also have an OS9 G5 keyboard that has great tactile feel. I can't stand the current Mac keyboards. There are a few ergonomic keyboards designed for mac See: Amazon.com: mac ergonomic keyboard

Are you getting a magic trackpad for your setup? I would not use a mac without one. I have one at home and one in the office. The magic mouse I can take or leave, but the trackpad is essential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)