Just playing & I picked up SES2...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks for your posts. I could not for the life of me get any channels on 87w yesterday. I had them in a few days back before I moved the dish. Now that i have went back to 87w and after 4 hours playing with it I gave up. IDK maybe weather related???

I guess even Oscar the Grouch has a bad day once in a while. lol
Cause I couldn't tune in 87w again today no matter what garbage can lid I used.
I must be doing something wrong.

Instead of boring all the people with my stupid pictures. I just uploaded them all to a folder on one of my websites.
If any of the mods have a problem with me linking them. LMK and I will certainly up load all the pictures here & remove the link.

mrrepair dot net/satguys

Reactions: iBoston
Nice pics... You might pick up a cheap signal detector. Those are great to catch a satellites. I use that first and last. I use dishpointer.com to see what to point at. I then use the signal detector to find a bird, then a TP locker to make sure im on the right bird and then the signal detector again to peak. If without a signal detector, make sure your tuned to a TP that is the strongest on the bird. Then your more like to catch it moving the dish around. Then fine tune on the weakest TP you can get.

Nice pics... You might pick up a cheap signal detector. Those are great to catch a satellites. I use that first and last. I use dishpointer.com to see what to point at. I then use the signal detector to find a bird, then a TP locker to make sure im on the right bird and then the signal detector again to peak. If without a signal detector, make sure your tuned to a TP that is the strongest on the bird. Then your more like to catch it moving the dish around. Then fine tune on the weakest TP you can get.

I have a cheapo signal detector on order with another new receiver. It will be here next week. I want to buy a better detector in the near future. What exactly is a TP Locker? I gave it a search on eBay / Google and couldn't come up with any tool that jumped out at me.

Thanks for the tips on how to do this. I will get this down i'm sure however my tool box is kinda empty atm. All I have is some cheapo stuff that i'm working with right now.

I would also like to ask about my 36" dish. How do I know that the LNBF holder is at the right angle? Meaning that the arm when attached to the bottom of the dish has a lot of travel up/down & side to side? It seems that I need to lock down the arm with some electrical conduit. However what would that measurement be?

Anyway I am gonna go back and remount the small dish today where I had it working in the beginning of this thread. The post it was mounted to was kinda wobble but it did at least work. I wonder if I haven't hit my receiver / LNBF with an (ESD) of some sort and roached my equipment.

Is there a way to test the LNBF and receiver is some manner? Anyway this will be my day today again. I am determined that I am going to learn this, as i still have a 10 foot Uniden Unimesh sitting here to put back together next.

Thanks guys for all of your time. You all have certainly been patient with me as i learn.

Bill

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)