Just Purchased 921 from Dish

RickyMac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2004
Phenix City, AL
Well, I finally took the plunge. Call with Dish took about 40 minutes. CSR had to keep reading new promotional information. I paid $549 by check + a 9.00 charge for processing the check by phone. CSR & verifying CSR both stated that this included installation + Quad LNB. CSR stated that installer would have everything that I needed on the truck. Also stated that I should receive 921 on Friday morning for a Friday afternoon (12-5) install. I would not bet on that happening, but we'll see what happens. Also, CSR stated that since I get Distant Networks, I'll get CBS-HD and that I did not need a second dish (Is that true?). Again, we'll see what happens. Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No way you're getting CBS-HD without a dish pointed at either 61.5 (east feed) or 148 (west feed).

Dunno why they're sending a Quad unless you have other receivers, and iIn that case, a standard 2nd dish setup would be a Twin with a DP34 switch.

If you do not have other receivers, a Twin with a pair of DP21 switches would be the norm.

A Quad with DP21 switches leaves you room for the 921 with 3 birds and up to 2 other receivers of 110/119 ONLY, which I wouldn't accept.

Gawd, I wish they'd teach the CSRs SOMETHING about their job. :no

RickyMac, are you a new sub? What plan did you opt for, DHA or Free for All? Did the CSR describe both plans?

Not New To Dish

No, I have had Dish since 1993. At one time all I carried were the Superstations and Distant Networks. I happen to be one of those people that was Grandfathered in when the law changed. If I had cancelled Dish completely, I would have lost Distant Networks.

I called Dish again today because I did not see how they were going to get a 921 to me by Friday and have the installation on that same day. Well, the CSR told me that the CSR that sold me the 921 had made a mistake and I would have to be rescheduled til December 1st.

Also, the CSR checked and told me that I would not qualify to get CBS-HD, even though I get Distant Networks.

RickyMac said:
No, I have had Dish since 1993. At one time all I carried were the Superstations and Distant Networks. I happen to be one of those people that was Grandfathered in when the law changed. If I had cancelled Dish completely, I would have lost Distant Networks.

I called Dish again today because I did not see how they were going to get a 921 to me by Friday and have the installation on that same day. Well, the CSR told me that the CSR that sold me the 921 had made a mistake and I would have to be rescheduled til December 1st.

Also, the CSR checked and told me that I would not qualify to get CBS-HD, even though I get Distant Networks.
try another CSR... sometimes it works

I hate to ask this, but since I'm new to Satellite 2004 (I use to install the RCA single LNB D* when they first came out 10+ years ago) does it matter if you get a IRD or IRD/PVR direct from E*or somewhere else as far as your monthy charges goes? I know when the 921 first came out they had that $999 deal for the unit and a RPTV. Is that gone and you just buy the 921 to keep, there is no 'renting' it?

Installer DiD Not Show

Well the installer called the morning of the 1st and stated that he would be late. Boy was that an unstatement. He never showed. I complained to Dish and was rescheduled to Sunday (today) between 12-5. I am waiting on the install right now.

When the installed did not show, I just unhooked the receiver in my bedroom and used the two lines from my Dish 500 to do the install myself. Not a very neat job, but everything works great and you are right, I have been busy. My wife and I have been watching movies in HD. Just finished Zoro, the picture was best we have seen.

There will be some that disagree, but Dish has Voom beat on picture quality!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)