Just renewed 2 radios, and I got a good deal. I think

I have still have an XM radio in my wife's car (a 2012 Honda). The old additive was that because we were on XM, we needed to pay extra for Stern. I never paid for XM, because I had enough music on my phone and download podcasts for talk programming. Then I still get SiriusXM music channels in my house through Dish. With the XM radio, do I still have to pay for what would be today's version of "best of Sirius" to get Stern? I know that after Opie was fired, they made Faction Talk standard for Sirius radio subs, taking it off "best of XM."

Hmm, I got caught snoozing and forgot to call before renewal, but at $125 bucks for 2 radios for the year, I can't complain too much.. .still, could have used a break.

I renewed in Jan ... my 2 radios, but I did it thru thier CHAT, which worked GREAT !!!

No more trying to understand someone in some other country.

I got the 2 radios, ALL Access, plus online streaming for $300 .... (vs the 600+ they expect if you wait on the bill to come)

I think it was $99 plus the royalties fee ... I also have the Travel link on my truck. I like the road info it gives me on the GPS without having to screw around with a phone to get it.

I renewed the service in my girlfriend's car in May over the phone. Due to covid it was all computer generated response and before even letting them know I wanted to cancel to get a better price they said due to covid I can renew at $6 per month plus about $9 in taxes. Easy pesy. In September I renewed for my car. Had to talk to a live person to cancel to get the good rate. After 10 to 15 minutes on the phone I got the same $6 per month deal. Both are for select and come with the free streaming. And I use the streaming alot more than the radio. So glad that they added that.

I renewed the service in my girlfriend's car in May over the phone. Due to covid it was all computer generated response and before even letting them know I wanted to cancel to get a better price they said due to covid I can renew at $6 per month plus about $9 in taxes. Easy pesy. In September I renewed for my car. Had to talk to a live person to cancel to get the good rate. After 10 to 15 minutes on the phone I got the same $6 per month deal. Both are for select and come with the free streaming. And I use the streaming alot more than the radio. So glad that they added that.
I didn't get a Covid Rate ..... I get the All Access on 2 radios ...

I find it interesting that no 2 people get the same pricing.

I didn't get a Covid Rate ..... I get the All Access on 2 radios ...

I find it interesting that no 2 people get the same pricing.
That's the same for everything. You just have to haggle with them and don't take the first offer. Jimbo I know you have Direct TV and I'll bet that everyone that has Direct TV has a different price for the same packages you have.

Reactions: John2021
both, all I did was say I want to cancel and did not use it much, then the offer came.
I didn't have to threaten to cancel. My renewal was up and I definitely wasn't paying the listed renewal price. I told the rep we enjoy the service but couldn't afford the renewal price. She quickly offered me the $99 annual All-Access, plus the music royalty fee. I couldn't say we don't use it much because they do know what you listen to and how much ;) .....

I didn't have to threaten to cancel. My renewal was up and I definitely wasn't paying the listed renewal price. I told the rep we enjoy the service but couldn't afford the renewal price. She quickly offered me the $99 annual All-Access, plus the music royalty fee. I couldn't say we don't use it much because they do know what you listen to and how much ;) .....
The only thing they can know is what you stream. Radio is one way comm.

From a radio?

Terrestrial radio I would agree. Satellite radio is a whole different animal.

You must have never read the SiriusXM privacy policy or user agreement. Specifically :

Your choices not to be tracked as you use our Service:

At this time, you may not disable the collection of Listener Usage Data or Vehicle Radio Usage from your use of our online media player, our mobile applications, and enabled radios. You also cannot restrict the collection of your IP address (your “rough location”). You may not disable our collection of the pseudonymous mobile device ID for your mobile device; however, you may be able to reset and change your mobile device ID at your discretion through settings located on your own mobile device.

Terrestrial radio I would agree. Satellite radio is a whole different animal.

You must have never read the SiriusXM privacy policy or user agreement. Specifically :

Your choices not to be tracked as you use our Service:

At this time, you may not disable the collection of Listener Usage Data or Vehicle Radio Usage from your use of our online media player, our mobile applications, and enabled radios. You also cannot restrict the collection of your IP address (your “rough location”). You may not disable our collection of the pseudonymous mobile device ID for your mobile device; however, you may be able to reset and change your mobile device ID at your discretion through settings located on your own mobile device.
"...your use of our online media player..." = streaming?

The reps must be clairvoyant then. Back when I only used SXM in the car (pre-app), they could tell me what channels I listened to and were able to list them in order of duration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)